1966 Bruce Wayne Study Decor Props Batpoles

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
Gothamdriver

1966 Bruce Wayne Study Decor Props Batpoles

Post by Gothamdriver »

Hey Everyone,

I have an interest in building a replica set of the 1966 Bruce Wayne Study, complete with sliding bookcase. Aside from the obvious props, I have been trying to identify other decor items in the room, from the taxidermy to lamps, floor globe, pictures, etc. Ultimately I would like to find similar items for the set build. I have not found very hires images to see clearly many of the objects.

I thought I would throw this topic up, in case there are others who have identified objects. Much of the decor seems to be mid century style, which makes sense. The Damask wallpaper I would imagine impossible to find, but there are some that closely match in color/style to what they used.

The black leather chair near the batpoles bookcase looks to be perhaps a Herman Miller style chair.

Other things that come to mind, are the wall pictures, letter holder that sits on the desk, there is a small trophy or brass sculpture on the rear cabinet, the two lamp/floor lamp that sits over the black leather chair. Among many other things.

If you have identified any of these objects, I would love to hear about it.

Kindly
Attachments
batman07.jpg
batman07.jpg (50.84 KiB) Viewed 17531 times
John Mack

Re: 1966 Bruce Wayne Study Decor Props Batpoles

Post by John Mack »

Stuff like this fascinates me. The built in showcase to the right of the Batpoles/secret entrance is filled with items, the identity of which we'll probably never know.
Good luck with the project and post here in this thread should you find any answers. I'm afraid time has taken it's toll on any surviving prop people, or at least their memories.
Music. BAT! Music.
FLOYDLEWIS

Post by FLOYDLEWIS »

not sure if this can help ...BUT.. there is a paper version someone started... you can download for free HERE

Meule

Post by Meule »

Here's a better look at that showcase to the right of the bookcase, with some golden goblets at the top and a ship in front of it
Another look at the study
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
batbelfry

Post by batbelfry »

Is the wallpaper different in the photo of Alfred?
A. Pennyworth

Post by A. Pennyworth »

The wallpaper changed from the pilot episode 1/2 (green color) to a different gold pattern wallpaper in the 2/3 episode when the set was moved. I have probably 1000's of captures over many years and here are some newer Blu-Ray captures that hopefully will help in your quest. I have tried over the years to ID this number/globe lamp with no luck!
Attachments
xvlcsnap-2017-11-28-14h30m04s101.jpg
xvlcsnap-2017-11-28-11h45m13s245.jpg
xvlcsnap-2017-08-02-22h05m36s183.jpg
waynemanor.jpg
LampTut.jpg
impractaljokershelfstudyvlcsnap-2018-01-27-22h51m58s214 copy.jpg
A. Pennyworth

Post by A. Pennyworth »

Attachments
xvlcsnap-2017-11-29-15h37m46s3.jpg
svl

Post by svl »

OT slightly, but something that always bothered me about the show-

Batman/Bruce would never take a human life, but had no problem hunting and mounting animal kills. It seems a man of his intellect and morals would take great issue with this.

And now back to your regularly scheduled program...
Meule

Post by Meule »

The mounted bass above the bookcase seems to have disappeared in one of those pics
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
A. Pennyworth

Post by A. Pennyworth »

The bass went missing somewhere between episode 52 and 58..
Attachments
24176904_1121959134605586_4154289418644933153_n.jpg
A. Pennyworth

Post by A. Pennyworth »

as did the alcove sometime during the shows run, thought to be Alfred's access to the Batcave!
Attachments
24129472_1910620435920916_1991378498387017327_n.jpg
Batfanman

Post by Batfanman »

Have you decided which version of the study you'll make - w/ or without Service Elevator foyer?
Every Day Is BATMAN DAY!
Visit & Like - https://www.facebook.com/batfanman66
Gothamdriver

Post by Gothamdriver »

A. Pennyworth wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:04 am The wallpaper changed from the pilot episode 1/2 (green color) to a different gold pattern wallpaper in the 2/3 episode when the set was moved. I have probably 1000's of captures over many years and here are some newer Blu-Ray captures that hopefully will help in your quest. I have tried over the years to ID this number/globe lamp with no luck!
Thanks everyone for all these screengrabs, they are helpful. I have a side hustle in antiques and have seen many of these small items over the years come through the shop, and now trying to locate them is a needle in a haystack. But it is fun to try and tack them down. I’ve also noticed the set changes through the seasons. I’m considering going without the alcove, so closer to the pilot. Mainly for space... I’d like to have the sliding bookcase, but my batpoles won’t go anywhere. Thanks again for all the tips and pics, it’s verh helpful.
wally wingert

Post by wally wingert »

I just saw that ship on an episode of "I Dream of Jeannie" a few nights ago.

And Major Nelson and Major Healy wore silver helmets for an anti-gravity test that looked a lot like the Freeze helmets without the visor, and without the quantity of expanding duct around the neck.

Funny how a lot of this stuff kept getting used over and over again.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

I think Chaz was working on recreating the wallpaper design at one point if memory serves - I can't remember how far he got with the project?