PR2 batphone build

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
PropReplicator2

PR2 batphone build

Post by PropReplicator2 »

This is going to be a slooowwww build over the next (hopefully) few months. I am hoping this thread will be of use to someone who wants to build their own batphone from our favorite TV series :D
The goal when making a perfect replica is to not focus on the perfections, but perfecting the imperfections. :ugeek:
Ben Bentley

Re: PR2 batphone build

Post by Ben Bentley »

Looking forward to seeing your project develop!
Chuck Williams

Post by Chuck Williams »

Me too!
Quick, Everyone, Flee for your lives, into the street!!!!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/WilliamsStudio ... eller_info
vintagematt

Post by vintagematt »

I’m so excited to see how this turns out!
"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"
hopkinsjeff

Post by hopkinsjeff »

Just worked on one myself, looking forward to yours!
PropReplicator2

Holy time stretch Batman! It's been a while since I've been on here, but here i am and still alive! I've been working on this alot over the past few days and almost have the body done.. for those of you on the rpf I have a WIP thread there: https://www.therpf.com/forums/threads/6 ... ip.334813/
Here is where I am with the body:
The goal when making a perfect replica is to not focus on the perfections, but perfecting the imperfections. :ugeek:
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

PropReplicator2 wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:57 am Holy time stretch Batman! It's been a while since I've been on here, but here i am and still alive! I've been working on this alot over the past few days and almost have the body done.. for those of you on the rpf I have a WIP thread there: https://www.therpf.com/forums/threads/6 ... ip.334813/
Here is where I am with the body:
This is coming along nicely! 2020 is really turning into the year of the Batphone, yours is now the third project that i've seen in various stages.

Really enjoyed the motherload of photos in the RPF link that you shared. Did you decide the pursue the Gordon's office version versus the Pilot or Bruce's study in the end?
svl

Post by svl »

Awesome. Love watching the progress.
PropReplicator2

More progress on this... mold finally finished and casting some test pieces today!
greatlakes6

Post by greatlakes6 »

Really looking forward to this!
Meule

Post by Meule »

Getting really close now
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
PropReplicator2

Got my best test casting out a few weeks ago! After about 9 different resins and 12 different pigments I found a mix I like. The test casting is thin, but that's only to avoid wasting too much resin for castings that aren't going to be kept ;)
greatlakes6

Post by greatlakes6 »

Looks great!
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

I need one!
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
PropReplicator2

Thanks for the complements guys! Laying more resin in this afternoon if all goes well, planning to do a proper casting this time instead of keeping it thin ;)