Figures fit for a dashboard?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
njboywonder

Figures fit for a dashboard?

Post by njboywonder »

Hey.

I've done my own research as well but can anyone recommend Batman and Robin figures that would be suitable for a dashboard? I've not found anything that fits my interest.

That's to say not too big, maybe not so very small that they'd go unnoticed (But that's not a definite (I got the idea looking at the Heroclix in another thread.).), not action/jointed nor with material clothing, not fragile/breakable like a sculpt, maybe but not necessarily with bases to putty them down, not stylized like Funko, Pop, Bendy, etc., and definitely with a really good TV series (faces even maybe) likeness and vibe?

I thought about a Batmobile with the figures in it but that would likely be a little too much in multiple respects.

Thanks.
Brett
Lou Szabo

Re: Figures fit for a dashboard?

Post by Lou Szabo »

What kind of car or more specifically, what does the dash look like. For instance, the nano figures with a magnetic base would work in a recessed area as on a Subaru Legacy/Outback. You can even make that a Batcave area.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
njboywonder

Post by njboywonder »

Hey Szabol.

Gran Prix.

I found the Batman. Can't tell how big it is but it's the best I've seen so far, except I don't see a Robin(!)?

Thanks very much for the response.
Brett
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

njboywonder wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:57 pm I found the Batman. Can't tell how big it is but it's the best I've seen so far, except I don't see a Robin(!)?
About 2".

This Gentle Giant "Mini Superpowers" figure of Robin is in a similar scale (but is not in the "Nano MetalFigs" series).
Robin metal miniature by Ian McLean, on Flickr
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

In the nano figures, there is only Batman, Penguin, and Joker as 66 figures
njboywonder

Post by njboywonder »

Thanks, Therin.

Thanks, S--do you know if the are they still being made--that Robin might appear?
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

46AA4691-F5D9-44D4-8BF4-6F6F46A9F62C.jpeg
2008 dashboard for a Grand Prix
Not sure where you would place it unless you have a way of keeping them stationary.
njboywonder

Post by njboywonder »

That's why I asked about ones with bases so I might be able to hold them in place with putty. And mine's a 2002 so a little different.

Story is, for the third time in a few years, twice in the exact same parking space(!), I saw a car (so three separate cars) tricked out in Batman paraphernalia--vinyl applications, hubcabs, Gotham license plate, etc.

I don't want to do anything with the exterior, but I'd like to do something inside, and not sure what's workable, visible enough but still legal, etc., so my first simple thought was a pair of Batman and Robin figures on the dash.

I thought above window clings for the back windows or windshield but searches yield only things described as stickers so I have to research more, Batcuffs for the rear-view mirror but not sure they exist in a toy-like/inexpensive version (though I have a page with a prop version saved but there was no price which is never encouraging...), etc.

I'll have to start a thread asking if anyone here has his or her car done.
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

njboywonder wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:01 am do you know if the are they still being made--that Robin might appear?
Lots of new DC characters seem to turn up. A comic book Robin comes with this EB Games Nano playset.

https://ebgames.com.au/loot-232063-DC-C ... Scene-Loot
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
njboywonder

Post by njboywonder »

Had seen that one, yeah. But only looking for the series version.

Will have to do more thorough research when I have time.

Thanks though.
njboywonder

Post by njboywonder »

This is one of the more fun/interesting things I found when searching for something for my car...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-Robin-S ... 3139258054
Darknite69

Post by Darknite69 »

If you find your figures you can stick them to your dash with poster putty. I use it to keep a hot wheels Batmobile on my dash.
Jim Akin

Post by Jim Akin »

I posted in another thread a few years ago, but I equipped my "Batmobile"—a 2015 Civic sedan— with the Diamond batphone coin bank. I had the phone on my desk, next to my Shakespeare bust, but it just didn't look right, so I found a plastic jar that fits snugly into my car's cup holder, and velcroed the phone to the jar lid.
DiamondBatphone.jpg
DiamondBatphone.jpg (74.63 KiB) Viewed 6768 times
I also created a custom wallpaper for my car's media touchscreen, using a batmobile door emblem one of the members here shared some time ago. If anyone's interested, I'm happy to share the jpeg image.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Great idea!