Diecast (Hot Wheels, Corgi, Matchbox, etc.) appreciation thread

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Blue Meanie

Re: Diecast (Hot Wheels, Corgi, Matchbox, etc.) appreciation thread

Post by Blue Meanie »

Nice Black Beauty. Factory Entertainment makes some good stuff, but I can never find there stuff in the shops.
Blue Meanie

Post by Blue Meanie »

Recently added the Hot Wheels 1966 Batmobile from 2007. This casting debuted in the 2007 New Models Line. Apparently, this casting isn’t too rare or hard to find as the place I found it had loads and eBay is full of them as well. Still, rare or not, I’m glad I have it.

Blue Meanie

Post by Blue Meanie »

Here’s a first look at the Hot Wheels mainline (L case) ‘66 Batmobile, black with blue flames.

Blue Meanie

Post by Blue Meanie »

Looked what just pulled into the Batcave. It’ll be parked next to the blue variation.

On the back of the blister pack it reads.......

“BATMAN streaks through Gotham City in this all new for 2019 take on the Batmobile by Hot Wheels! It’s armed to the grille with hidden misses, lasers, and other high-tech weaponry. Check out the rounded hood vents and the four gigantic rocket thrusters pointing out of the back.”
TP-6597

Post by TP-6597 »

Dude! For Pete’s sake! I’ve got empty pegs in central Texas! I’m off this week though, so time to hit the stores.
Excellent find on the 07! That’s when Hot Wheels finally started to put things right. ;)
“What's important is that the world know that all visitors to these teeming shores are safe, be they peasant or king.”
Blue Meanie

Post by Blue Meanie »

Well, look on the bright side, empty pegs mean new cases are coming soon. Yeah, I was stoked to find the ‘07, so now I need to find the other years I’m missing. I think I mentioned it earlier, but visit the flea market in your area. The market here had three dedicated sellers of diecasts, both new and older models. Lots of new mainline Batmobiles for just a couple of dollars over retail. Could be a good way pick up the models you’re missing. Enjoy your vacation.
zarm106

Post by zarm106 »

New Hot Wheels arrival coming to San Diego Comic Con....
https://io9.gizmodo.com/mattels-comic-c ... 1835376246
Attachments
Screen-Shot-2019-06-10-at-11.24.18-AM.jpg
Screen-Shot-2019-06-10-at-11.24.18-AM.jpg (25.29 KiB) Viewed 15309 times
Screen-Shot-2019-06-10-at-11.23.45-AM.jpg
Screen-Shot-2019-06-10-at-11.23.45-AM.jpg (44.15 KiB) Viewed 15309 times
Blue Meanie

Post by Blue Meanie »

As a fan of the 1989 Batmobile, I wish I was going to San Diego as I’d really like to have this set. Thanks for posting the info and pictures.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

I used to have this 1/64 set
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Batmobile-Norm ... Swrd1c9j5T
6F2F534D-6557-42D4-BC6F-DC88123FD945.jpeg
6F2F534D-6557-42D4-BC6F-DC88123FD945.jpeg (24.58 KiB) Viewed 15268 times
E43FC312-0E7E-475A-B5D8-ECBA322E4A95.jpeg
E43FC312-0E7E-475A-B5D8-ECBA322E4A95.jpeg (18.75 KiB) Viewed 15268 times
Looks like some minor mods and it’s a 30th Anniversary edition.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
TP-6597

Post by TP-6597 »

After months of coming up empty in stores, I went heavy. ;) When I saw that a Comic Con was in town, I knew I had to go. Someone in that room full of uber-nerds would have one. I was right. Had it in my hand 30 minutes after I got in.

What a crazy experience. TONS of great stuff. I could have spent a fortune on just 1966 Batman items. Things from 2 dollars (hot wheels) to 2000 dollars (beautifully framed collection of autographs). Add in Star Wars77, Doctor Who, Jaws, and Ghostbusters and it’s was even more tempting. T-shirts, patches, pins, mugs, you name it, it was there.

I also saw Howard Chaykin, one of my favorite comic book artists. He wasn’t charging for his autograph or making people hurry. He was just sitting at a table and talking shop with anyone who wanted to meet him. If I had thought about it ahead of time, I would have brought an old 1970s Star Wars Marvel comic book. I’ll be better prepared next time.

Blue, I turned the joint upside down looking for your chrome 89 Batmobile, but came up empty. Like I said, now that I see what is available at these things, I’ll go again next time one is in town.

“What's important is that the world know that all visitors to these teeming shores are safe, be they peasant or king.”
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Got a chrome '89 Batmobile off eBay for 50c-- it's loose but that's fine with me.
Blue Meanie

Post by Blue Meanie »

TP,
Glad you found the Mystery Machine Batmobile. Now you’ve found it, the stores will be full of them. LOL. Thanks for looking for the Chrome ‘89. I finally found one in an out of the way Walmart. So, I’m good there.
TP-6597

Post by TP-6597 »

Blue, I thought about that very thing. :D

Oh well. I’ll buy as many as I come across. I may even leave them in the package. As you can see, I had mine out of the package as soon as got in the office. Put it on a purple notebook so I could recreate my avatar with the actual car.

Next time I’m headed to a Convention, I’ll post a heads-up in case anyone is looking for something in particular. It was craaazy full of stuff, Batman and others. Saw a guy in what may very well have been a Williams cowl. Really nice work either way.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Many a time I've given up looking for something, paid the silly scalper price and then the item unloads on the market so that they are readily available at their original retail price.
I remember the first Hot Wheels '66 Batmobiles going for crazy money back in 2007 as we all hunted for those. The only item I can think of that has never seen wide release was the great 1/87 scale Batmobile. That must have been produced in small numbers because you can't get near one for less than $30 and that's on a good day.
Are there any similar items? The Mattel Batman Cowl now sells for silly prices, but there was a time when you could buy them for $50.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Think of those folks as a personal shopping assistant and you are allegedly a millionaire playboy. You can’t spend the day going from Dollar General to Walmart to Target to fill in the blank, so you pay them to do it.

I do find it amusing when they offer a “best offer” option on a $5 item, you offer $4, they counter with the original $5. #fakenegotiation. Oh well back to the next Batman item...
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!