Diecast (Hot Wheels, Corgi, Matchbox, etc.) appreciation thread

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Lou Szabo

Re: Diecast (Hot Wheels, Corgi, Matchbox, etc.) appreciation thread

Post by Lou Szabo »

My personal shopper came through
665211A8-D39E-4F3C-9B18-453E07C57605.jpeg
Short card ScooBatmobile and SpiderMobile
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Cocopugg

Post by Cocopugg »

Hello everybody. I'm wondering if anyone knows if there is an acrylic or fiberglass top that would fit perfectly onto the Mattel/Hot Wheels Elite 1966 Batmobile (1:18) original display stand (the one that comes in the original box). I would like to remove the Batmobile from it's original box in order to display it from all sides. I would love it if I could find a display case that could securely hold the car, which would also contain LED lights, as I've seen such display cases available. However, I don't think you can securely fasten the Batmobile onto such a display case, and I wouldn't want to risk the Batmobile moving inside a display case, which could scratch or damage the car. Anyway, any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all very much in advance!
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Any 1/18 scale display box will fit, as long as you remove it completely from the packaging. The same goes for the Jada 1/18 Batmobile. Ebay, Amazon, hobby lobby, or any model shop will have them

For the super elite, there was a nifty piec available for a short time that would allow you to keep the metal Bat backdrop.

I use a custom wood display with mirror backdrop featuring the 1966 Bat logo.
Cocopugg

Post by Cocopugg »

Thank you for your reply, Szabol. I didn't realize that any model car 1:18 display case would fit over the 1966 Hot Wheels 1:18 Elite Batmobile's stand. My next question would be, since the Elite Batmobile I have was the original version released by Mattel (which I think came out in 2008), it didn't come with the Batman and Robin figures which Mattel released in later versions of the car. Does anyone know whether Mattel/Hot Wheels sells individual figures of Batman and Robin which will fit the 2008 1:18 Batmobile? Thanks again for your help!
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

No they do not. However they may pop up on eBay.

One additional question. When you say you want to fit the Batmobile in a display case, do you mean a) just the car, b) the car plus interior packaging, or c) the entire elite box?
Cocopugg

Post by Cocopugg »

Szabol wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:19 pm No they do not. However they may pop up on eBay.

One additional question. When you say you want to fit the Batmobile in a display case, do you mean a) just the car, b) the car plus interior packaging, or c) the entire elite box?
I mean just the car, so that it can be seen from all angles. I've seen display cases with LED lights that I think might be great to display the Batmobile. However, the only way I would agree to use such a case, would be if I could have the Batmobile tightly screwed into the base, as it is on the original Mattel/Hot Wheels base. So unless someone knows of a lighted display case that allows for the car to be screwed into the base, I don't think I'll be getting a lighted display case for my Batmobile...not yet anyway. Thanks again for your suggestions!
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Good, just the car will fit any 1/18 scale display. My custom 1/18 display. Sadly the guy who made this passed away before the Black Beauty was released. Love to have a matching display. That’s a super elite Batmobile
Display
Display
Interior shot of PMB Batman and Robin
Batman PMB
Batman PMB
Cocopugg

Post by Cocopugg »

Szabol wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:02 am Good, just the car will fit any 1/18 scale display. My custom 1/18 display. Sadly the guy who made this passed away before the Black Beauty was released. Love to have a matching display. That’s a super elite Batmobile
5BA44F9A-677C-48C9-9013-DB6CC6891E2F.jpeg

Interior shot of PMB Batman and Robin
069EB0BE-AE44-4380-BCC4-AB274D483286.jpeg
Beautiful display case, with lights. Sorry to hear about the guy who made it, he did excellent work.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Yes, he had the standard Bat emblem, and I asked if he could do the 1966 logo. He sent me a couple of color variations, red, lime green, yellow and blue. I chose the red for the 66 Batmobile.

Another use for the 1/18 scale display case is a 1/64 Batcave diarama. It’s a perfect fit, and you can paint the turntable base for your Batmobile. There is an old thread with dimensions and instructions on sizing and painting order.
Cocopugg

Post by Cocopugg »

Szabol wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:36 am Another use for the 1/18 scale display case is a 1/64 Batcave diarama. It’s a perfect fit, and you can paint the turntable base for your Batmobile. There is an old thread with dimensions and instructions on sizing and painting order.
That sounds very interesting. I'd love to see what the Batcave diorama looks like inside a 1:18 display case!
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Here’s a pic of the painted cave mounted on the 1/18 display case base. I used primer gray for the floor.
0B50E6F3-055E-4DE5-987C-D0AACA1CB96F.jpeg
0B50E6F3-055E-4DE5-987C-D0AACA1CB96F.jpeg (69.41 KiB) Viewed 20042 times
Cocopugg

Post by Cocopugg »

Szabol, that's excellent work! Very impressive indeed!
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

[/quote]

I mean just the car, so that it can be seen from all angles. I've seen display cases with LED lights that I think might be great to display the Batmobile. However, the only way I would agree to use such a case, would be if I could have the Batmobile tightly screwed into the base, as it is on the original Mattel/Hot Wheels base. So unless someone knows of a lighted display case that allows for the car to be screwed into the base, I don't think I'll be getting a lighted display case for my Batmobile...not yet anyway. Thanks again for your suggestions!
[/quote]

This is for everyone. Carlos and I exchanged some PM, so I want to share our findings.
If you want to display just the 1/18 car, any 1/18 car display will work. However, if you want to display the box or base with the car, the dimensions become 13.5” x 7” x 5 inch. That’s too big for a 1/18 12” x 6” x 6” display. We looked at 1/16 but the shape was made for tractors, so 1/12 is the next standard size.

Another option is a custom display, but now these are above $100. Measure twice, buy one time.

I think I measured that Factory Entertainment Batcave 20 times, and put a poster board under it so I would not mess up the measurements.
Cocopugg

Post by Cocopugg »

Thank you for your suggestions, Szabol. I have a feeling that there probably isn't a case that's specifically designed to hold the Hot Wheels 1/18 Batmobile mounted on the stand it comes with, so those who want to display it on that stand, and are looking for a glass/acrylic/plastic cover that fits perfectly on top of that stand, will probably have to look for someone who will customize one for them. Since that will put me out of my price range, I'll have to go with plan B, which is unscrewing the car from its stand, and putting it on a regular 1/18 scale display case. What I don't like about that option is knowing the car will now have to live loose inside that case, where it might slide back and forth, and be scratched. Oh well, I should look on the bright side, at least now I can look for one of those cases with the LED lights to light up the Batmobile, which may be an added bonus in the long run! It's just a shame that Hot Wheels doesn't make a separate case available to put on their Elite Batmobiles, because what I wanted such a case for in the first place, was to be able to show the plague that is on the Batmobile's stand, which shows the 1966 Batman symbol, and reads, "1966 TV Batmobile" followed by the Hot Wheels "ELITE" label.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Or you can drill holes in the display base and screw it into the bottom of the car.