Body suit help

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
Aquaman

Body suit help

Post by Aquaman »

I can’t seem to find the info any more here.

What body suit do people buy to dye. It’s a leotard and tights correct? Cotton spandex? Where?? Thx in advance.
DrewMasie

Re: Body suit help

Post by DrewMasie »

I'm sure the threads are still here, but I can at least help you with what to order and from where. It's available at WWW.ONSTAGEDANCEWEAR.COM, and you want LONG SLEEVE MOCK NECK LEOTARD WITH BACK ZIPPER
STYLE:3708-8708 FABRIC:SUPPLEX and ANKLE LENGTH LEGGING STYLE:308-808 FABRIC:SUPPLEX. You'll want to order them in white if you plan to dye them, and when I placed my order I had to order 3 of each piece, so it really adds up quickly. You can mix sizes, but you can't get just one (unless they've changed their policy).

As far as dying goes just search for Rit dye on this forum. It's a combination of Pearl Gray and a couple of drops of purple (preferably aubergine, but I don't think they make this color anymore). A little purple goes a long way.

There are numerous postings on the exact formula, but you'll want to use the liquid dye and dye the top and bottom together to make sure they come out the same shade.

WilliamsStudio 2 is apparently going to be offering the fabric in the correct color (and hopefully the complete leotard and leggings) in the future, so Chuck is your man.

I found this thread on the dye formula: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3172&p=28069&hilit= ... ula#p28069
Aquaman

Post by Aquaman »

Awesome thx!
Aquaman

Post by Aquaman »

Got the suit, did the dye an dit came out great! Wearing tomorrow..

Question... is there a measurement for placing the logo on the chest. I have the great stickers. Just want to make sure i put in right place.

HELP! And THX!
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Aquaman wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:46 pm Got the suit, did the dye an dit came out great! Wearing tomorrow..

Question... is there a measurement for placing the logo on the chest. I have the great stickers. Just want to make sure i put in right place.

HELP! And THX!
Awesome! Glad it came out well! Can't wait to see it.

So the positioning of the chest logo and getting it to look "right" is going to be relative to your own torso. It varied wildly on Adam, particularly in the first half of season one.

The trick is put on the suit, (minus boots and cape) and then figure out in the mirror (or with the someone elses help) where the emblem wants to sit in relation to the bottom of the cowl's skirt and where the top of your utility belt lays. It wants to be roughly two thirds of the way between your belt and the skirt of your cowl working in a straight-line upwards from your belt.

Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

I always put mine between the nipples. That seems to be where Adam usually had his.
Frank_The_Riddler

Post by Frank_The_Riddler »

How does one measure for sizing to order these tights from dance wear ?