Tweeterhead - Anyone Collect and Will There Be More?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Hedji

Tweeterhead - Anyone Collect and Will There Be More?

Post by Hedji »

Is anyone else a completist of the Tweeterhead Maquette statues?

I like them a lot, and have one of each character released, but they were at one time promising more villains, and yet the line seems to have lost momentum in favor of their other licenses like Super Powers.

Would you like to see more? Or are you happy with what they've released as a complete collection?

Have you run out of space, money, or desire to collect them?

Just wondering what other collectors think.
dodgr31

Re: Tweeterhead - Anyone Collect and Will There Be More?

Post by dodgr31 »

I have all the 66 ones they have produced thus far, thought about finishing the set, but they are soo big. Very disappointed in Chad, he promised many things over the last 5 years 66 related and has not delivered. The one person who was our contact, Debbie just left. Last I heard there was supposed to be a Tut figure ready for SDCC, that was put on the back burner for other projects. Then there was a video a couple weeks ago in which he said Mad Hatter was next, but again was delayed due to Trevor doing other projects. Bottom line, dont get your hopes up, line may be dead. I hope not because they put out some amazing stuff.
Hedji

Post by Hedji »

Yeah, a King Tut would be absolutely stunning. As would Mr. Freeze.

I remember concept art for an Alfred that was insanely cool.

It's just... they're such wallet and space eaters! :lol:

At one point on social media, I recall them asking customers if they'd like to see another Batgirl, perhaps on her cycle. While that sounds very cool, and Batgirl is one of my favorite things about the show, I don't want to see them duplicating characters.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

I picked up the Batman Noir piece from the 40’s. That’s massive too. There’s only so much space...
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

It's hard to say definitively without any new insights from TH themselves, but my personal perception is that the momentum this line had vs the availability of Trevor Grove and the sheer amount of time it takes to bring one of these products to market for a company the size of Tweeterhead - it's getting less and less likely with every quarter that passes (without any additional firm plans announced) that we're not going to see much more from the '66 line.
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

For what it's worth I put in an order for Tweeterhead's Super Powers Batman back before Christmas. It was supposed to be released back around February, then it got pushed to May, and last word was July but the month is about up and still nothing. Tweeterhead seems to have really slowed down all fronts. A lot of promises, but.... :?
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
SteveA

Post by SteveA »

Chad has stated over and over that there will be 5 more in the '66 Batman line. The Bookworm is next and should be up for pre-order by the end of the year. That will be followed by King Tut, Mad Hatter, Mr Freeze, and Alfred. That will be the end of the '66 line.
There will be at least 2 more in the Classic Batman Line, Riddler and Catwoman both done in the '40s comic style and yes you will also see them in the Super-Powers line as well in a more realistic venue. And yes they are not high on the priority list and will come slow but Chad has promised he will complete the lines.

Latest News From Chad: Update on a few pieces, Donna Troy is here in the US and will ship as soon as we get customs release. LC Wonder Woman is on track to ship to us mid Aug. sP Batman is due in the US Aug 20 and then Ru, Catwoman, Robin and Batman variant in Sept/Oct. I know we’ve been behind on a few pieces but we’re catching up!!!!
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

All their lines have taken a backseat to the Super Powers line. I really only care to get King Tut now as I consider him and Egghead the most popular foes on the series after the big 4. I may get Mr. Freeze because he’s Mr. Freeze. Releasing Bookworn next will kill the line. Tweeterhead needs to learn from Funko’s hot mess. A one shot villain before King Tut or Mr. Freeze? Smart move...not. His sales will be weak and Tweeterhead won’t bother with the rest. I have no faith in Tweeterhead finishing this line. I’m just glad the big 4 villains got done, and the heroes. I really wanted to see King Tut though.
vintagematt

Post by vintagematt »

rickkrefft wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:55 pm All their lines have taken a backseat to the Super Powers line. I really only care to get King Tut now as I consider him and Egghead the most popular foes on the series after the big 4. I may get Mr. Freeze because he’s Mr. Freeze. Releasing Bookworn next will kill the line. Tweeterhead needs to learn from Funko’s hot mess. A one shot villain before King Tut or Mr. Freeze? Smart move...not. His sales will be weak and Tweeterhead won’t bother with the rest. I have no faith in Tweeterhead finishing this line. I’m just glad the big 4 villains got done, and the heroes. I really wanted to see King Tut though.
I don’t Necessarily think bookworm will completely fail, it’s only the hard core completists who are still collecting the line, so I don’t think the general public would get these anyway. Also, bookworm is a fan favorite villain, and one that many collectors want. But I guess I’m not a psychic, so this is all speculation!
"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

They're beautiful statues, but being huge it makes finding a place for them a chore.
If they did a Lew Wilson Batman I'd throw my grandmother down a well to get it, but otherwise I'm just happy to see the pics.
dodgr31

Post by dodgr31 »

Not to beat a dead horse, but depending on how you view it his "next in line" keeps changing. Right after SDCC this year he made a video stating Batman 66 pushed back and Mad Hatter next. Prior to that he mentioned King Tut was next. I received a personal Email from him about 8 months ago with a complete different order. I Havent heard him mention Bookworm other than an email. Regardless, makes me believe the line is near dead.
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

At this point I'm wondering about ANY lines!
twint9

Post by twint9 »

I collect the 66 TV series characters, they are amazing. I haven’t been able to snag an Egghead yet...anyone have one to sell?
LizardKing

Post by LizardKing »

Yellow Oval wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:44 am At this point I'm wondering about ANY lines!
Seems like the clock is running out on '66 Bat merchandise. Never got into these because of the price and size. the Catwoman statue though looked top notch.
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

For what it's worth, I did get that Super Powers Batman from Tweeterhead later that summer of 2019. It's top-notch quality and Tweeterhead is going strong again now since then, but their stuff is expensive and, as I've mentioned elsewhere, my collecting has pretty much stopped since my wife passed at the end of the summer. Also, if one wants to collect Tweeterhead than they better have room because the statues are a fair size.