Leslie Gore Interview

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Kamdan

Leslie Gore Interview

Post by Kamdan »

A little insight from the guest star’s perspective.

https://youtu.be/cxEq6FbpYPw
dell

Re: Leslie Gore Interview

Post by dell »

Very nice, but I cringed when the host (Mike Douglas?) says, "Tell me about Adam What's His Name".
dell
chrisbcritter

Post by chrisbcritter »

Very interesting to hear that Lesley was scheduled for an earlier episode - I'm guessing "The Cat's Meow/The Bat's Kow Tow", which had the music angle. Wonder if there's an earlier draft of the script that would have had Catwoman stealing Chad and Jeremy's voices, then subbing Lesley (as Pussycat) in the concert and grabbing the receipts?
"To the medical eye, such childish claptrap means only one thing, young man: You need some sleep."
robinboyblunderer

Post by robinboyblunderer »

Kamdan wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:56 am A little insight from the guest star’s perspective.

https://youtu.be/cxEq6FbpYPw
Thanks for posting this, interesting interview. I like the anecdote about Julie resting her elbow on SRR.

I don't know if it's because it was broadcast in black and white or it just shows how much acting Leslie did in Batman but she comes across much older and serious in this interview than on the show.

Then again, maybe it's hard to seem serious when you're dressed in a pink miniskirt and cat ears...!

The show seemed to still be considered huge by the interviewers at this point in time, I wonder when the audience began fading on the show.

Who would've known Batman '66 would become as popular, well known and accepted alongside the more serious portrayals of the characters so many years after this interview.

cheers
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

This show was broadcast on January 24, 1967 (with West Coast markets showing it a week later), the day before the conclusion of that Catwoman episode:
Attachments
Screenshot 2019-08-17 at 1.52.01 PM.png
Screenshot 2019-08-17 at 1.52.01 PM.png (49.24 KiB) Viewed 12986 times