CW Crisis Event

Here's a place for NON '66 Batman related subjects.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Keith Mayo

CW Crisis Event

Post by Keith Mayo »

I never watched any of the CW superhero tv shows until tonight. 30 minutes into the first Crisis episode was all I could take. Cheesy cgi and horrible acting. At least I now know I haven't missed anything. It was nice seeing Burt on screen - for an entire 15 seconds.

https://youtu.be/S6KEM5CSZtg?t=31
"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11
vintagematt

Re: CW Crisis Event

Post by vintagematt »

That's the problem I have with most of the CW DC shows, too much cheese and low-grade CGI. But some of the shows can be enjoyable at times, sad this wasn't one of them.
"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

Keith Mayo wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:07 pm I never watched any of the CW superhero tv shows until tonight. 30 minutes into the first Crisis episode was all I could take. Cheesy cgi and horrible acting. At least I now know I haven't missed anything. It was nice seeing Burt on screen - for an entire 15 seconds.

https://youtu.be/S6KEM5CSZtg?t=31
Good to see Burt and some of the nods and winks with other cast and characters but you haven't missed a thing not watching these shows.
SprangFan

Post by SprangFan »

I'm sort of curious about the cameos, but I figure it's inevitable some Youtube poster will edit them all into a super-cut that I can watch later, and it'll only take 5-10 minutes of my time as opposed to hours.

Frankly, I'm not sure it's a good idea to remind us of all the better versions of these characters when we're just gonna be stuck with the rotten CW iterations when it's all over.
"You were right again, Batman. We might have been killed."
"Or worse. Let's go..."
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

5 parts. You lasted longer than I did. Who is the audience? Kids, teens, young adults, or us first run/second run Batman fans?
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

I want to know how Will Wheaton rates so much more screen time than Burt Ward. 😡
"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

You guys made it five minutes longer than I would, I don’t even care about the cameos. But for those that do cbr.com has them all in a five minute clip.
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

Funny how DC Comics and their TV "shows" are always a one-trick pony with that overused buzz word 'Crisis' that they've beat to death since the '80s. Anything and everything is always a crisis with them except for the real one when DiDio & Co. took over. In any event, the CW is nothing but a playground for so-called 'comic fan' Greg Berlanti to twist all the heroes unrecognizably. I avoid it and all its TV programming like a back alley dumpster. Then again, like the theaters, I avoid TV almost all the time now.
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
Lounge lizard

Post by Lounge lizard »

I enjoyed the couple of series of Arrow and the Flash but it's all got a bit overcooked since then.
Maybe you guys would prefer this?

and

Or

Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Lounge lizard wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:35 am I enjoyed the couple of series of Arrow and the Flash but it's all got a bit overcooked since then.
Maybe you guys would prefer this?

and

Sign me up for THAT show!

Or

Lounge lizard

Post by Lounge lizard »

Well, there's an intro:
https://youtu.be/qpCLiSr9OrU