My Lego 1966 Batcave(so far)

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
dreddbatfan

My Lego 1966 Batcave(so far)

Post by dreddbatfan »

It's been a long time since I posted any updates on my Lego 1966 Batcave so I thought that I'd update everybody.
The work has been slow but I'm getting there,I've attached a link to the youtube video.There's still a lot more computer gadgets to put in and eventually when you flip the bust back the bookcase will open automatically and close after you flip the bust back down.I also plan on having the secret entrance/exit open automatically when the Batmobile enters/exit the Batcave and the Batmobile will have lights in it.I want to say a BIG thank-you to member Jeremy Burke from Burke Studios for his help in making a lot of the signs and decals for the Batcave,he continues to help me when he has free time to make them.And a big shout out to Rob Klingberg from Brickstuff for helping me light the Batcave.If anybody has any suggestions what else should go in the Batcave feel free to post your thoughts as well as your thoughts on how it looks so far.I almost forgot to mention that The Batcave will eventually have sound in it.If you like the video on youtube give it a thumbs up,that will help my channel more votes on youtube.Thanks again for everybodys patience and I hope you enjoy and I look forward to everybodys comments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmNV4OmLldk
Meule

Re: My Lego 1966 Batcave(so far)

Post by Meule »

Can't watch it unfortunately... "This video contains content from SME, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds"
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
dreddbatfan

Post by dreddbatfan »

Here's the video link for you without the copyrighted Batman theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5eTqod ... e=youtu.be
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

Great job!
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

I had a look at it. I think it's great.
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
Meule

Post by Meule »

I have that same (base) set, but the added details and all the lights really take it to the next level, bravo
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
burkestudio

Post by burkestudio »

Danny,

This turned out amazing!!! What you’ve with the lighting is outstanding!
And I love what your future plans have in store. Can’t wait to see it completed.
Glad I could help.

-Jeremy
Same Bat Time! Same Bat Channel!
Technical Artist & Designer
Facebook: Burke Studio
eBay: jerburke http://www.ebay.com/usr/jerburke?_trksid=p2047675.l2559
Etsy: BurkeStudio
Instagram: BurkeStudio
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Very neat!
dreddbatfan

Post by dreddbatfan »

I was thinking about doing a Bat-Diamond from the episode "Marsha,Queen of Diamonds" but I'm having trouble figuring out the scale in Legos.Does everyone think that I should include it in my Batcave?It was only seen in the episode.I'd like to know what everyone thinks before I continue the build.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

dreddbatfan wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:37 am I was thinking about doing a Bat-Diamond from the episode "Marsha,Queen of Diamonds" but I'm having trouble figuring out the scale in Legos.Does everyone think that I should include it in my Batcave?It was only seen in the episode.I'd like to know what everyone thinks before I continue the build.
It's your Batcave, so if you dig that episode then sure, why not?

On a practical level, scaling it could be pretyy tricky. The platform that it was sitauted on had a pretty hefty footprint, so it's your call as to whether it's going to take up a whole chunk of space behind the Batmobile/obscure the Atomic Pile.