THE RED DRAGONS--New Bond Book I'm Working On!

Here's a place for NON '66 Batman related subjects.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

vintagematt

THE RED DRAGONS--New Bond Book I'm Working On!

Post by vintagematt »

I am currently writing a James Bond 007 novel, titled The Red Dragons. I do not expect this to ever be published, it's just a little fan project I have been working on. I'm hoping to get a website up and running to post each chapter as I write them. I will post the links here if enough interest is raised. I know we have a couple Bond fans on this board so I'd thought I would Share It. The plot (so far) goes as follows:

"Look up! Look down! It’s Bond, James Bond! He’s back, and better than ever! A brand new novel, packed with thrills! After the events of Dr. No, agent 007 is sent on a globe-trotting adventure to find the core of a mysterious organization, Known as The Red Dragons! With the help of the fierce Honey Rider, and longtime companion, Agent Felix Leiter, Bond is about to face a whole new set of dangerous challenges! From deadly Piranhas to samurai, this action packed continuation of Dr. no, set before From Russia with Love, will be sure to excite you! Watch out, Bond is coming!"
This is just a quick cover draft:
Attachments
The Red Dragons cover.PNG
"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"
scottmandew

Re: THE RED DRAGONS--New Bond Book I'm Working On!

Post by scottmandew »

Sounds interesting. Best of luck with it and be sure to post the web address when you get the site up and running. I'll definitely check it out.
We thought we'd have to teach our son about the world. Turns out we have to teach the world about our son. They see a boy who cannot speak. We see a miracle who doesn't need words.
http://www.ourjourneywithoneofgodsmirac ... gspot.com/
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Not sure you can get someone else's property published without their consent. Not sure of the legalities of a fan based book. I would assume if you dont sell it and make any money from it you should be fine? I'm not a lawyer, I just watch them on TV.
Music. BAT! Music.
vintagematt

Post by vintagematt »

John Mack wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:34 pm Not sure you can get someone else's property published without their consent. Not sure of the legalities of a fan based book. I would assume if you dont sell it and make any money from it you should be fine? I'm not a lawyer, I just watch them on TV.
I'm not intending to publish or make any money from this book. It's just a little project for me to do to make the time go by. It'll be available (probably as a PDF) on a webpage fo free viewing.
"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"
SprangFan

Post by SprangFan »

Actually, the literary rights to the James Bond character passed into the public domain in Canada and several other nations in 2015 (strange but true!), so if you could find a publisher, it could see print there. But you'd have to be careful to include only elements from the Fleming novels, and not the films.

There's a pretty healthy Bond fanfic community online, from what I understand. Hope it's a fun project for you.
"You were right again, Batman. We might have been killed."
"Or worse. Let's go..."
vintagematt

Post by vintagematt »

Sorry for the lack of updates, I'm having some trouble with the website, so it will probably be a while before that is up and running unfortunately. Here's a little something I created for the web page:
Attachments
JBondReader.PNG