NEW Hot Toys "COSBABY" 66 Batman Figures!!!

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
To The Batpoles!

NEW Hot Toys "COSBABY" 66 Batman Figures!!!

Post by To The Batpoles! »

Hi Gang!
Just saw a couple of photos on the web showing a New Line of 1966 Batman Figures called, "COSBABY"

Anyone else seen them?

=Frank=
Attachments
Cosbaby2.jpg
Cosbaby3.jpg
Cosbaby4.jpg
Cosbaby1.jpg
The Early Bird may get the Worm, but it's the SECOND Mouse that gets the CHEESE!
Yellow Oval

Re: NEW Hot Toys "COSBABY" 66 Batman Figures!!!

Post by Yellow Oval »

I think my days as a serious Batman collector are pretty much finished.
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
SprangFan

Post by SprangFan »

I agree, it's times like this I start feeling guilty about how much plastic the developed world generates, most of it destined for a landfill sooner than later.
"You were right again, Batman. We might have been killed."
"Or worse. Let's go..."
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I do laugh at how every couple of months I hear a collector say "the 1966 Batman series license has run it's course" and then we get yet another item. This license will never run dry-- it's a classic version of Batman and it still has fans.
Now these figures? I actually think they're a step down from POP figures and I don't care for those.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

These are pretty darn adorable, but I appreciate like all things of this nature it's subjective.

Will I buy them? Perhaps. Am I glad that there is still stuff appearing under the '66 TV license and perpetuating it's legacy of fun stuff aimed at younger folks or those young at heart? I sure as heck am. That's something I am "serious" about.

Different strokes for different folks...
danbar

Post by danbar »

Just ordered mine! Pretty decent price considering that you get the whole set. (I was a bit surprised though that Batman & Robin are a larger scale than the villains). I always liked the design of the Cosbabies. I saw recently that they were doing the Keaton Batman figures (along with his batmobile, so I find it hard to believe they won't do the 66 batmobile) and other movie Batman incarnation figures, and was really hoping they would do a 66 line of figures. I think they are very fun! I love exact likenesses and replicas as much as the next guy, but then my collection all starts to look the same. At lease these are different. To each his own!
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Why? Oh why? Is there a discount given on the license for making items that are not detailed like the actual actors? Are the estates and Burt getting money for these? Or if they dont have the likeness the producing company gets a lower license cost? I cant figure it out. I'm saving my money for the Mezco figures.

Oh, any of you old timers remember these from 1974? At least they had cloth costumes. Didn't buy them then either I have to say.
Attachments
superman-super-baby-super-bebes-amsco_1_6381d8e3fa047fdd017423696b5b5b79.jpg
superman-super-baby-super-bebes-amsco_1_6381d8e3fa047fdd017423696b5b5b79.jpg (45.35 KiB) Viewed 9911 times
Music. BAT! Music.
SprangFan

Post by SprangFan »

That's the first thing I thought of when I saw them.

Maybe if we wait long enough, they'll bring back the Kryptonite rock, too.

"Or worse. Let's go..."
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

The Batman live action series inspired by the DC comic book character of the same title, has delighted audiences and for several generations. Based on the 1960’s era Batman Classic TV Series, Hot Toys is very excited to introduce fans with our latest Cosbaby capturing the early appearances of the crime fighting heroes and a variety of arch villains, features Batman, Robin, and Villains Cosbaby (S) Collectible Set; Batman, Robin, and Joker Cosbaby (S). Each Cosbaby stands approximately 10.5 – 11 cm tall includes a themed figure base.

About 4-1/4”

Batman, Robin, and Villains Collectible Set brings fans the beloved heroes and their most memorable foes from Gotham in this special all-in-one package. Includes Batman, Robin, Catwoman, The Riddler, The Penguin and The Joker. Each miniature villain Cosbaby stands approximately 4 – 4.5 cm tall.

Under 2” tall
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

Any chance that is Lee and not Julie? I am wondering if these are maybe from a licence for the movie?
Perhaps the Mezzco line as well?
I will not be purchasing these.
SprangFan

Post by SprangFan »

Cosbaby!

"Or worse. Let's go..."
SprangFan

Post by SprangFan »

...capturing the early appearances of the crime fighting heroes and a variety of arch villains...
Early appearances! I love it!

"But Bat-baby, why are you fighting crime?"
" In a few years, a dastardly criminal will kill my parents! "
"What? But if you know that now, why don't you...oh, forget it."
"Or worse. Let's go..."
ChAnOoD

Post by ChAnOoD »

Not a big fan of those, but I wouldn´t mind getting the Joker one. Looks less weird than the others.

Ah, if they didn´t scrapped the real Cesar Romero´s Hot Toys figure to play along the Batman and Robin ones...
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

batrunner1966 wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:53 pm Any chance that is Lee and not Julie? I am wondering if these are maybe from a licence for the movie?
I thought of that, but Catwoman has the necklace.
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)