bat cave project

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
RICK57

bat cave project

Post by RICK57 »

I have been working on this off and on for some years unfoutunately mostly off , I have too many hobbies.
At first I worked from tv stills but now I have been using blu ray stills. And I see the cave walls need moved. And I cant tell if the batpoles area is rectalgle or what it shows on a floor plan I found showing it angled. In the study it looks rectangle but cant tell in the bottom shots.And the joker episode of him going down I haven't found yet but I think the lighting was crooked so I was hard to tell on tv. Any one have the model they made and if so what shape was it there? Now Im tring to scale the computers and props just from adam's height and approximating from that. On the walls I may print cut and paste what you see in the show and put it on the walls and carve over that to get it closer Id like that better than what's there now or just make a sheet from stills and stick it up on the walls. I still need to add some details to the pile and I see a few things wrong with the sizing but I don't think Ill rebuild it. Unless I decode to do another one after I get this one done. Later the turn table under the car will be painted or should I go with building a rail platform to spin it like the faked it on the show. but for model display I Think ill keep with the real turn table. The atomic pile is all brass except for the legs and the car in the 1\18 hot wheels standard when done if it looks good ill use one of my super elite models. If I ever get it done.
Attachments
batpic3.jpg
bat pic2.jpg
bat pic1.jpg
greatlakes6

Re: bat cave project

Post by greatlakes6 »

Looking good!
FLOYDLEWIS

Post by FLOYDLEWIS »

I like the way yours is layed out,I don't know if my 3d batcave can help (I have redone it so many times till I just stuck to what I liked) but feel free to download it , open with blender ,and rearrange it to save you some time in building,
my batcave is HERE
mwilbury

Post by mwilbury »

Looking very good. Thanks for sharing!
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Looks great so far!

Hopefully this photo will clear up your question about the shape of the Bat-Pole area:
RICK57

Post by RICK57 »

Floyd bat cave in 3d would shure help doing that before building anything. wish I could do that. Are you going to do equipment too?

ben pic helps the back wall lines don't look in line with the square steps. but it looks rectangle shape in the study. Since I am going to do at least that bit of wall I guess ill have to make it change shape some were between them

thanks guys
bat-myte

Post by bat-myte »

WOW, that looks AWESOME! do you have any bluepriints of the Batcave?
RICK57

Post by RICK57 »

no blue prints all done from series stills. have two kinda print i fond on the internet but they dont match each other