VBC: Sunday 19th April

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Ben Bentley

VBC: Sunday 19th April

Post by Ben Bentley »

After the ton of fun we had on last week's session and our biggest attendance so far since the relaunch of Video Bat-Chat, i'm pleased to announce that we're doing it all over again this coming weekend...

Sunday 19th April, 2020

12PM PDT / 3PM EDT / 8PM BST / 5AM AEDT

As usual I will post the unique weekly link that will take you straight into the call, right here in this thread.

Click here to join the session now:
(This call has now ended)

VBC_LOGO5.jpg
For any questions about how to join in on our VBC be sure to check out the thread below for FAQ's:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7328

Join us, won't you?
clavierankh

Re: Next VBC: Sunday 19th April

Post by clavierankh »

You say 3PM EST. I am in the Eastern time zone but we are on Daylught Savings Tome. Is it still 3PM?
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

clavierankh wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:25 pm You say 3PM EST. I am in the Eastern time zone but we are on Daylught Savings Tome. Is it still 3PM?
Apologies, my bad! Time zones are now corrected in my original post.
clavierankh

Post by clavierankh »

Thanks
Commodore Schmidlapp

Post by Commodore Schmidlapp »

I'm happy for you guys that this is doing so well.

I was able to briefly pop in last Saturday, but unfortunately didn't have as much time as I expected (the grocery store texted sooner than I anticipated that my order was ready for pick-up).

I'll be free around 4:30 Central this Sunday, so if it's still going, I'll certainly drop in again.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Commodore Schmidlapp wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:51 pm I'm happy for you guys that this is doing so well.

I was able to briefly pop in last Saturday, but unfortunately didn't have as much time as I expected (the grocery store texted sooner than I anticipated that my order was ready for pick-up).

I'll be free around 4:30 Central this Sunday, so if it's still going, I'll certainly drop in again.
That sounds good to me! These Video Bat-Chats have been averaging approximately 4hrs from start to finish. Obviously no one is obliged to stay for any longer than they wish... :lol:
dell

Post by dell »

I don't want to make this into anything like a work meeting, but any suggestions for topics to be discussed?
dell
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

dell wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:50 pm I don't want to make this into anything like a work meeting, but any suggestions for topics to be discussed?
I'm all ears and totally open to what anybody might wish to discuss. Feel free to throw some ideas around in this thread by all means or equally feel free to come just come to the call with armed with ideas.

One of the things Scott and I were going to potentially going to share with the VBC participants this week is the interactive map of real world filiming locations that we've been working. I have the ability to share my screen with those on the VBC call so you would be able to follow along and we can take you on a "virtual tour" as it were, with plenty of time for questions and discussion along the way.

All of this being said, the spontaneity of having different combinations of people in the "room" is definitely a big part of what makes Video Bat-Chat interesting, so nothing has to be too set in stone.
Lee Kirkham

Post by Lee Kirkham »

I don't know if this has been discussed, and I have yet to spot it in the posts I've seen, so forgive me if it has been mentioned, but do these "rooms" have a maximum capacity?
I find you to be odious, abhorrent and insegrevious.
Lee Kirkham

Post by Lee Kirkham »

Am I the longest-standing board member still currently active these days? I've been a member since 1998. Hard to fathom that much time passing, huh? I became a member a year after the original board was launched.

Anyway, I am planning on being in attendance this Sunday.
Commodore Schmidlapp

Post by Commodore Schmidlapp »

Ben Bentley wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:36 pm
Commodore Schmidlapp wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:51 pm I'm happy for you guys that this is doing so well.

That sounds good to me! These Video Bat-Chats have been averaging approximately 4hrs from start to finish. Obviously no one is obliged to stay for any longer than they wish... :lol:
Thanks Ben!

I'm hoping to pop in again during the latter part this Sunday.

As for things to discuss, the filming locations sounds like a winner.

I'm also interested in things like favorite other appearances by cast members (lots of Bat character actors appeared in other 60's shows like Green Acres, Beverly Hillbillies, Munsters). Filming techniques - I've always wondered how the numerous phone conversations were filmed.

I'm also very intrigued about how much others believe Ward's claims that Adam constantly upstaged him. In recent viewings, I've come to believe there is merit to Ward's claims.

Those are just things that interest me, but they may be better covered in the board, as they have been in the past.

Hope to be in for a bit Sunday!
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Lee Kirkham wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:32 am I don't know if this has been discussed, and I have yet to spot it in the posts I've seen, so forgive me if it has been mentioned, but do these "rooms" have a maximum capacity?
The Skype group call platform that we're using tops out at 50 participants.

See you on Sunday!
Lee Kirkham

Post by Lee Kirkham »

Wow, 50 is a decent crowd. Do you know how many can be in attendance before you notice any bandwidth latency? Just geeky curiosity.
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

Lee Kirkham wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:48 am Am I the longest-standing board member still currently active these days? I've been a member since 1998. Hard to fathom that much time passing, huh? I became a member a year after the original board was launched.

Anyway, I am planning on being in attendance this Sunday.
Lee Kirkham wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:21 pm Wow, 50 is a decent crowd. Do you know how many can be in attendance before you notice any bandwidth latency? Just geeky curiosity.
1) Longest member standing? Possibly. Either you or High C probably from the David days. "Active"? Welllll... ;)
2) I think we're way safe of hitting the limit. We haven't had more than 10 at the same time and it went fine. The only thing is to let people know to mute their mics if not actively talking and to wear headphones if handy. But we address that as we go along in the active VBC session.

Hope to see you there buddy. Haven't talked in nearly 10 years.
Lee Kirkham

Post by Lee Kirkham »

Scott Sebring wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:30 pm1) Longest member standing? Possibly. Either you or High C probably from the David days. "Active"? Welllll...
Stop it!
Yeah, I know, I know...