3d printed Batman Buoy

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
rsaffle

3d printed Batman Buoy

Post by rsaffle »

I designed the buoy from Batman the movie and 3d printed it. This was my test print and it printed fine. I didn't take my time painting and cleaning this one up but I'm sharing it anyway. It's actually pretty cute next to my Hallmark Batboat. lol

I plan on printing a larger Funko figure sized version or maybe even a Hot Toys one. I could give those a much better paint job. I plan on posting the files for free online soon but PM me if you can't wait. I'm working on a Batphone right now. I hope to make a small light up version and a full size one.

Also just finished an accurate Batman communicator and Green Hornet TV series gasmask and gas gun and a 40's serial gas gun that I will share soon too.

Anybody have any good images of Miss Kitkas little beeping cat? I laugh every time I see it. I don't think anyone has made that yet.
bm buoy.jpg
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
Meule

Re: 3d printed Batman Buoy

Post by Meule »

That looks fantastic
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
ironfist

Post by ironfist »

That’s fantastic!!!
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

This is really neat! 3D printing is such an exciting prospect for smaller scale props and dioramas. What a time to be alive, eh?
Meule

Post by Meule »

If you're doing the Green Hornet gasmask why not Batman and Robin's too? ;-)
Ben is right, there's so many props that suddenly become 'available' to fans and collectors... my list is endless
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

I agree Ben. I used to design toys and promotional items for Sonic, Braum's and Walmart kids meals type stuff so I have some experience, but I've only been 3D printing and designing for a couple months so anything is possible. I'm printing my own toys!!! How cool is that! lol The various printing websites are very cool too and share their files. Even if you don't design your own there are countless files available but you do have to have some crafting, painting and modeling skills.

Meule I found a file for Batman's gasmask already available on "Thingverse" that took a little of my steam away from making that. Link is below. He did a good job but it's a little cartoonish looking for my tastes. I want screen accurate as possible but of course I'm also held back by my skill level. I will design one for sure in the near future. Interesting that both gasmasks utilized mouth pieces to hold them in place making it impossible to talk. I may make a second version of my Hornet mask that uses straps so someone could wear it in cosplay easier.

BTW, I found some very high quality images from the original gas masks being sold in auction. Not sure if this link has been shared here before. I wish I could find images this good for everything I wanted to make.

https://us.propstoreauction.com/view-au ... lot/32363/

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4308956
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
Meule

Post by Meule »

I agree with you totally on making the mask as screen accurate as possible, but the file isn't all that bad... The red tubes are obviously the wrong color and the oxygen sign is a little too big, but all in all that mask doesn't look that bad... It'd make a great base to get it to perfection
mwilbury

Post by mwilbury »

Great job, rsaffle. Love it.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

810CA286-42B4-46A7-83E0-3419D5328E72.jpeg
They’re all enjoying it...
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
dell

Post by dell »

Lou Szabo wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:40 pm 810CA286-42B4-46A7-83E0-3419D5328E72.jpeg
"You're gonna need a bigger can"
dell
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

dell wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:32 pm
Lou Szabo wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:40 pm 810CA286-42B4-46A7-83E0-3419D5328E72.jpeg
"You're gonna need a bigger can"
Well done, Dell.
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

dell wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:32 pm "You're gonna need a bigger can"
I see what you did there.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

When I was a kid my mom had a thing of perfume that came in a flecked cat bottle- it had jeweled eyes and I'm reasonably certain it was the same cat Miss Kitka had in the movie. Probably zero help but it's a lead. Great job on the Buoy! I love the tilted version.