Hornet Gas Mask Prop

The Green Hornet TV series and related topics

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

rsaffle

Hornet Gas Mask Prop

Post by rsaffle »

Here is my take on Green Hornet and Kato's Gas Mask from the 2 part episode "Beautiful Dreamer" and my take on Hornets mask.

I designed the Gas mask from scratch and then 3d printed it. This has been the most difficult thing I have done because I had to make the nose piece fit my nose but then also fit under the Hornet mask. I'm very happy with the results but I do plan on goin back in and adjusting the overall size of the gas mask down because I think its a little large. The Hornet Mask was also 3d printed but I started with another file of a Unicorn Mask by someone else and modified it and then ended up using body filler putty to add details so this is a one off and I wouldn't be able to print another. I spent more time than I want to admit sanding and finishing this off. I do hope to comeback to this Mask in the future when my 3d design skills are more developed for a totally 100% printable version. I painted both props with Hunter Green Krylon spray paint but then used a satin clear to mute the shine down. I also hand painted the gold dot and then made a waterslide decal of the hornet.

I have a mouth piece that holds the Gas mask in place but you cant talk while wearing it. This is what the origonal had also. I may go back and make a version with straps so someone could wear it at a convention or such.

More on the way!
Attachments
thumbnail_Resized_20200704_140035.jpg
thumbnail_Resized_20200704_140021 (1).jpg
thumbnail_Resized_20200704_140005.jpg
thumbnail_Resized_20200704_135903.jpg
ghgasmasks.jpg
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
BATWINGED HORNET

Re: Hornet Gas Mask Prop

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

Nice work! My only criticism would be the logo is a bit too large on the mask.
Beneath Wayne Manor
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

BATWINGED HORNET wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:39 pm the logo is a bit too large...
Dang it! Are you going to make me sand that area a 3rd time? Lol
Troy

Post by Troy »

Wow!! This is amazing!
svl

Post by svl »

Freakin' brilliant! Great work!!!
Meule

Post by Meule »

Oh wow, that gas mask is just perfect, even has the small hornet logo on it, I'm impressed.
The way the gas mask fits under the mask I first thought they were one piece.
As far as the logo on the mask goes: yes, it's slightly bigger than the one in the reference pic, but I have seen Green Hornet masks with bigger logos, so I wouldn't change it.
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

You've done it again, Chum!
Lounge lizard

Post by Lounge lizard »

Looks the business to me. Great stuff
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

Appreciate all the comments. I'm working on his flashlight right now. Everything has its own challenge. I'm looking into buying a different kind of printer that would make it easier to reproduce these things and possibly mold making. I have plenty of other work but told my wife that making stuff like this would be my dream so I'm going for it.

I have the Batman and Hornet fever like you guys do.
Meule

Post by Meule »

If you can make money following your dream, you've done well
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
dreddbatfan

Post by dreddbatfan »

I posted in the Green Hornet forum that I was looking for someone who could make the Hornet flashlight.Not sure where the trigger is to activate the light but I would be greatful if you make one and it really lights up,I'd buy it.Also,I'm attaching some pictures of the Bat Gauge from the first 2 episodes with the Riddler.As you see it also lights up but I'm not sure how.If you could try your hand at this let me know.Keep up the great work with the Green Hornet and Batman props,I can't wait to see what you come up with next.
Attachments
vlcsnap-2017-08-28-18h31m23s74.jpg
vlcsnap-2017-08-28-18h31m18s26.jpg
vlcsnap-2017-08-28-18h31m12s227.jpg
vlcsnap-2017-08-28-18h30m55s28.jpg
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

dreddbatfan wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:56 pm looking for someone who could make the Hornet flashlight.
I saw that and started it. Its proving to be a challenge. It has flip up parts and of course wiring. I'm going to get it made though. I'm learning more with each model. Love that Batman guage. Great suggestion!
Meule

Post by Meule »

Don't know if he still makes these, but I bought this from Samy many years ago. Both the green screen and the red light light up
dreddbatfan

Post by dreddbatfan »

Can't see the images
Meule

Post by Meule »

I can see them, but apparently I'm the only one...
Tried something else, but now I can't see them either... For some reason I've never been able to post pics here, I have no idea what I'm doing wrong... If someone has an explanation I'm all ears