Talk Episodes Here

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Edward Nigma

Re: Talk Episodes Here

Post by Edward Nigma »

Watching 'Death in Slow Motion' yesterday, I noticed that the Riddler actually mentions Mr. Van Jones commissioning him to make the silent movie early in the episode. In retrospect, I wish that wasn't mentioned because it would have kept the viewer guessing to the very end what the Riddler was trying to accomplish. Maybe the production staff thought the Riddler's plans would seem too irrational for viewers to make sense of?

Watching 'Death in Slow Motion' and 'The RIddler's False Notion' again made me realize that this pair of episodes really did start life as a Joker adventure. At times, the Riddler's caper seems more like a Joker caper.
epaddon

Post by epaddon »

I have finished all 120 episodes. Notwithstanding the one hiccup on one episode that will hopefully be fixed, it's been terrific to go through them in this quality.
Pengy

Post by Pengy »

^ How long did it take you to get through all 120?
epaddon

Post by epaddon »

12 day all told.
epaddon

Post by epaddon »

Another example of remastering bringing out things not noticed before. In "Purrfect Crime" I could tell that the newsclipping of Mark Andrews the Commissioner hands Batman is not the one we saw a close-up of earlier! It looks to show a woman in fact.
Attachments
005a.jpg
005a.jpg (30.72 KiB) Viewed 8287 times
001a.jpg
001a.jpg (22.91 KiB) Viewed 8287 times
Lounge lizard

Post by Lounge lizard »

Maybe it's the other side of the page..?
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Lounge lizard wrote:Maybe it's the other side of the page..?
The cutting is not even the same shape. I imagine it was maybe a case of "no body will ever know".
Lounge lizard

Post by Lounge lizard »

Batman obviously used his incredible, nimble origami skills, developed in the Far East over years of intense preparation for crime fighting, to fold the paper so that Commissioner Gordon could peruse the pertinent information instantly.
epaddon

Post by epaddon »

LOL. Probably more a case ultimately of how the fake headline which needed a publicity photo wasn't make until after the scene was shot and they just inserted a close-up then.

I also noticed in "Better Luck Next Time" that the giant syringe device used to let the sand out in the trap for Robin is likely a prop first made for the movie "Fantastic Voyage" which would have finished shooting a few months earlier.
Progress Pigment

Post by Progress Pigment »

epaddon wrote:Another example of remastering bringing out things not noticed before. In "Purrfect Crime" I could tell that the newsclipping of Mark Andrews the Commissioner hands Batman is not the one we saw a close-up of earlier! It looks to show a woman in fact.
Nice! I doubt one in a thousand people would have noticed that -- iiregardless of clarity. Good going!
Next week, the Dynamic Duo meets the Clock King!
TedTedTedTed

Post by TedTedTedTed »

I just watched the "Green Ice" / "Deep Freeze" episodes. I thought that all the episode pairs had rhyming titles, but I realize now that's not the case. Since I'm finally seeing these in much greater detail than I had before, I'm noticing a lot of little details that I'm sure everyone on this site had noticed long ago. Like that gate near the tunnel leading out of the Batcave — "Access to Subterranean Cave" or whatever? Never noticed it before. Wonder if it ever served a purpose in an episode.

I was particular interested by the scene in "Green Ice" where Bruce Wayne and his guests are frozen in the reflecting pool. Does anyone have any idea how that was done? It really looks like they're standing in ice, and I can't figure out how they'd accomplish that. It seems like too large a surface to cover with a single piece of Plexiglas. Translucent matte painting on glass positioned just-so in front of the camera...? Enormous quantities of uncolored gelatin? ...Actual ice formed while the dozen or so cast members stand perfectly still for a few hours while it freezes? Vild!
clavierankh

Post by clavierankh »

The subterranean access became the Blue Grotto Exit in I'll Be A Mummies Uncle in season 3
TedTedTedTed

Post by TedTedTedTed »

clavierankh wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:33 pm The subterranean access became the Blue Grotto Exit in I'll Be A Mummies Uncle in season 3
Cool! I'll watch for it. King Tut is one of my favorite special guest villains.