CBS late movie BAT clip 1970s

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

FLOYDLEWIS

CBS late movie BAT clip 1970s

Post by FLOYDLEWIS »

HERE is what I restored so far (the part I know happened) remember when CBS ran the wizard of oz and the cowardly lion jumped through the window? ...and there they always put the commercial? ...well the same was always true of this part of the BATMAN movie
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Re: CBS late movie BAT clip 1970s

Post by Scott Sebring »

Kamdan

Post by Kamdan »

I have a recording of the movie from the Family Channel in 1992. They also placed a commercial at this point as well.
FLOYDLEWIS

Post by FLOYDLEWIS »

if you have a recording ..could you tell me at what points in the movie are there commercial breaks? (not the names of the commercials , just when they happen)..I am restoring the whole CBS late movie version to post on the board before the end of the year (no HD ..sorry about that)
OR does anyone remember from the 1970s? ...I have all the bumpers and the opening
Kamdan

Post by Kamdan »

Certainly! The first commercial break added were after the first scene in commissioner Gordon‘s office (“Come on, Robin, to the Batcave! We haven’t one moment to lose!”) The second was after the Batboat docks after the discussion on “the ability of the almost human porpoise.” This airing cut out Batman’s phone call to the Navy and the subsequent scene in Commissioner Gordon‘s office regarding the two sky written riddles. It picked up when the villains are discussing the United World Organization. The third commercial break was just as you posted above of Bruce Wayne diving escape. The fourth was Penguin as Commodore Schmidlapp coming down the Batcave’s ladder and picked up with the Batmobile going down the road. The Bat-transition was cut. The fifth commercial break was as Batman and Robin dash out of the Security Council Council room after discovering they have disappeared. Another significant cut was made here that exorcised the villains detailing their random and Batman and Robin bringing down the Polaris missile. The last part of the film begins with the submarine facing directly at the camera followed by Batman and Robin in the Batboat when Batman tells Robin to ready the Batcharge launcher.
FLOYDLEWIS

Post by FLOYDLEWIS »

thank you thank you ...now I have all the pieces of this puzzle ...and will be ready by Christmas eve ..one rule I will break when I started this ..I am leaving the cut scenes in , since I found them in this 1 inch tape format (this full screen version has never been on vhs dvd or anything)
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

FLOYDLEWIS wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:30 pm thank you thank you ...now I have all the pieces of this puzzle ...and will be ready by Christmas eve ..one rule I will break when I started this ..I am leaving the cut scenes in , since I found them in this 1 inch tape format (this full screen version has never been on vhs dvd or anything)
Have you got the entire movie on 1" format? If so, take a look at the scene where Adam is standing on the bookshelf with the bomb.
;)
FLOYDLEWIS

Post by FLOYDLEWIS »

Ben Bentley wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:12 pm
FLOYDLEWIS wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:30 pm thank you thank you ...now I have all the pieces of this puzzle ...and will be ready by Christmas eve ..one rule I will break when I started this ..I am leaving the cut scenes in , since I found them in this 1 inch tape format (this full screen version has never been on vhs dvd or anything)
Have you got the entire movie on 1" format? If so, take a look at the scene where Adam is standing on the bookshelf with the bomb.
;)
I have it..tell me what in the frame do you want me to see from the full screen? ..I will screen grab it and post it for you..or I can clip part and put it on youtube
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

FLOYDLEWIS wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:52 pm I have it..tell me what in the frame do you want me to see from the full screen? ..I will screen grab it and post it for you..or I can clip part and put it on youtube
This shot from your copy.
66BM-02.jpg
If I'm correct, You'll instantly see why. ;)
FLOYDLEWIS

Post by FLOYDLEWIS »

Scott Sebring wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:43 am
FLOYDLEWIS wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:52 pm I have it..tell me what in the frame do you want me to see from the full screen? ..I will screen grab it and post it for you..or I can clip part and put it on youtube
This shot from your copy.
66BM-02.jpg

If I'm correct, You'll instantly see why. ;)
got it..
twint9

Post by twint9 »

No utility belt!
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

No utility belt OR trunks. Saw this type of print with board members in Ohio back in 2008. It was even more obvious on the big screen. lol
FLOYDLEWIS

Post by FLOYDLEWIS »

CBS late movie restored full screen as best I can..thanks to all on the forum for your help.now see it
HERE