Anyone building a Total Dehydrator replica?

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
Jim Akin

Anyone building a Total Dehydrator replica?

Post by Jim Akin »

In the course of some otherwise Batman-less research, I came across an eBay listing for the Electrolux model used as the basis for Commodore Schmidlapp's invention. $50 seems like a pretty good deal, if you're in the market. According to the seller, it still works (as a vacuum cleaner).
svl

Re: Anyone building a Total Dehydrator replica?

Post by svl »

$45 shipping on top of the $50...
Meule

Post by Meule »

$120 shipping to Belgium... If it wasn't for the high shipping I probably would've bought one ages ago, they show pretty regularly on eBay.
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
PropReplicator2

Post by PropReplicator2 »

I've got one at home, painted orange and ready for decals... really need to finish that at some point
The goal when making a perfect replica is to not focus on the perfections, but perfecting the imperfections. :ugeek:
Troy

Post by Troy »

The Electrolux in the ebay auction is not the correct model
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

Is this the correct model?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Retro- ... SwhsVf3mzO
This one is a little more spendy, Begorrah!
Jim Akin

Post by Jim Akin »

The model in Jimmy’s link is the correct one. The link
I shared months ago pointed to one of those models as well; as Troy notes above, the model it points to now (Model 30) is not the correct one.

Because the correct model’s name—three capital Xes in a row—is nowadays associated with “adult” content, the message-board software (or at least a version of it that was in use several years ago) automatically purged it, as it would profanity. That’s why I remember the model number so easily, and why I’m sure my link pointed to the right model at the time I shared it. :)
Troy

Post by Troy »

Agreed. The model in the link above is the one I used