PROP PHOTO QUESTION

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
rsaffle

PROP PHOTO QUESTION

Post by rsaffle »

I found this image on the forum. I've never seen these and it looks like they took production images of each prop. Does anyone have a higher resolution version of these? Is it part of a series of images floating around? I dig thru the Internet almost daily and the are new to me.

What is the prop in the top right image? :?:
Attachments
Batprops1 (1).png
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
Meule

Re: PROP PHOTO QUESTION

Post by Meule »

Here's another one from that series, I'm sure either Scott, Ben or A.Pennyworth will know where they came from
Attachments
Batprops2 kopie.png
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
A. Pennyworth

Post by A. Pennyworth »

Here is the largest I have on that full contact sheet, see link as upload size is too big for this forum

as far as upper right large bat? not sure yet what or where that was used? Hopefully we'll figure it out.

contact link photo below

image link imgur
Attachments
battt.jpg
Meule

Post by Meule »

It's too big to be the ear plug, or is it?
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
A. Pennyworth

Post by A. Pennyworth »

not the same bat shape for the ear plug prop.
This contact sheet was made for the 1st/premier episode and that unknown bat was not used. Since it is shown grouped with the batarang perhaps another throwing item?
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

Thank you both for the help! Yeah that's not the Bat Ear Plugs. I actually don't recognize the middle gun or the prop to its left either but the pictures do
help me figure out the button at the bottom of the Bat Gauge.
A. Pennyworth

Post by A. Pennyworth »

the gun is the tranquilizer dart gun the Riddler uses to stun Robin,the prop also also seen hanging in Batgirls secret closet. That small canister , maybe the flash bomb that Batman throws?
Attachments
batgirlpilotriddlerhypogun copy.jpg
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

A. Pennyworth wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:04 am the gun is the tranquilizer dart gun the Riddler uses to stun Robin,the prop also also seen hanging in Batgirls secret closet. That small canister , maybe the flash bomb that Batman throws?
The same gun Leslie Gore is holding is also seen in the opening of "Pop Goes The Joker"
Batman S02E57 - Pop Goes The Joker - 0080.jpg
Interestingly "Pop goes..." was shot around the time of the Batgirl Pilot and the Parks Gallery set is actually the same set that was re-dressed as the library for the Batgirl presentation.
Meule

Post by Meule »

Anyone has any better pics of Cesar's/leslie's gun? It looks like a modified machine gun, but I would love some close-ups of the barrel.
A. Pennyworth

Post by A. Pennyworth »

I've looked to ID the maker, cant seem to pinpoint it. Notice there were at least 4 made, maybe for some other movie or tv show? (wasnt Lost in Space)
Attachments
vlcsnap-2020-12-16-15h44m37s179.jpg
joke gun.jpg
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

Thanks to Pennyworths photos I may have found the maker. What do you guys think?

Modified "THE MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E. - THRUSH GUN" ?

Large 13.5x37.5x4.25" deep open display box contains cap-firing "Multi-Purpose Weapon" that features "Cross-Hair Scope Sight For Accuracy - Infra-Ray Sight For Simulated Night Fighting - Built-In Targets Vanish When Gun Fires." Impressive set complete w/"THRUSH" (the primary foe of the UNCLE organization) symbol sticker on stock. Die-cut insert window reveals "Exclusive Clip Loading Magazine" And gun features storage space for standard roll caps. ©1966 MGM.The largest U.N.C.L.E. gun produced.

btw, It was on auction for 2-5 thousand so good luck finding one.
Attachments
mfu.jpg
A. Pennyworth

Post by A. Pennyworth »

THRUSH GUN it is! Great find. I was looking for generic military toy rifles, not one TV related!
Attachments
1967-XMAScat-pg-Man-From-Uncle-Thrush-Rifle.jpg
1967-XMAScat-pg-Man-From-Uncle-Thrush-Rifle.jpg (33.63 KiB) Viewed 28887 times
222854930738.jpg
Meule

Post by Meule »

Like A.Pennyworth I've been looking at all sorts of generic toy machine guns for years trying to identify it and Randy solves the mystery in less than a day... Batman would be proud of your detective skills. :D
Now, below the barrel it looks like an acrylic tube with small acrylic discs, but it's hard to identify the shape of what's on top of the barrel
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

I just Googled 60s toy guns and rifles and concentrated on the unusual shapes in front of the handle...and got lucky but I still like the Batman comment. Lol

Yeah the design of the gun is all over the place. Someone stuck everything they could on them. It will be a challange to recreate. The top looks like alternating clear disc shapes going from vertical to horizontal and touching each other. I will try and draw it up today.
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

My take on what is the TRUSH gun and what is the add on parts. It looks like the Jokers gun has a cut out and add on piece to the side above the handle that the others don't have. And yes my work paid me to do this today. ;)
Attachments
BMRIFLE.jpg