Bookworms Eyeglasses design in progress

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
rsaffle

Bookworms Eyeglasses design in progress

Post by rsaffle »

I dont usually share me design before I print but im bored so...my take on The Bookworms tricked up glasses. A work in progress. I actually thought I would share because this will be a difficult to print piece and not sure how quick I will get to it. The lens may prove my undoing.

I should probably use real glasses and simply add the mechanisms but I wanted to at least try. Btw, the color is not for printing its just to add contrast in the design.

I started an Instagram page for my 3D props and plan on adding some Batman and Hornet art too and offering some of these props for sell soon. Find me at "Saffledesigns".

https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/

***ADMIN EDIT: Link to Instagram added. BB.***
Attachments
20201223_190850.jpg
20201223_190833.jpg
IMG_20201223_190647_502.jpg
IMG_20201223_190647_505.jpg
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
A. Pennyworth

Re: Bookworms Eyeglasses design in progress

Post by A. Pennyworth »

Another great prop to make!!
Your graphic looks great but I do notice that that the side pieces are held on by to rivets/pins in the front and closer exam reveals the nose bridge detail is also held on by two rivets/ pins. Not sure you wanted them there? but they are visible.... looking forwards to the final print as each of your designs/prints are bat-tastic!
Attachments
bookwormglasses.jpg
Meule

Post by Meule »

Now this is one I never ever thought I'd ever see... but with you I should've known better... looks great already, Randy
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

A. Pennyworth wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:10 am Another great prop to make!!
Your graphic looks great but I do notice that that the side pieces are held on by to rivets/pins in the front and closer exam reveals the nose bridge detail is also held on by two rivets/ pins. Not sure you wanted them there? but they are visible.... looking forwards to the final print as each of your designs/prints are bat-tastic!
Good catch and I do want them. I saw them at the beginning but missed them along the way. Thanks for pointing them out. I was able to find some high resolution images online from Getty images that cleared up much of the design. I matched the tiny holes on the sides and nose piece as much as possible. Thanks guys!
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

This is too funny. I just discovered these "Smart glasses" with open-ear audio and Alexa on the front page of Amazon. Looks like the Bookworm was on to something.

That or this is just another case of big brother watching what I've been looking at. They can watch but they better love Batman! :D
Attachments
glasses.JPG
glasses.JPG (20.13 KiB) Viewed 25095 times
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Such a cool prop to undertake! Just going to throw this thought into the mix (with the full-disclosure that i've not done a forensic deep-dive), but are the sections mounted on each arm both the same width? Only one has to "function"/hide the atenna. Just a thought.