Dawn Wells R.I.P

Here's a place for NON '66 Batman related subjects.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Jimmy L. 66

Dawn Wells R.I.P

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/dawn-w ... ssion=true
Sad news chums. I am not a fan of these types of posts, but I know she was loved here.
Lou Szabo

Re: Dawn Wells R.I.P

Post by Lou Szabo »

That is sad news indeed. She just posted something last week.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
dell

Post by dell »

I read months ago that she was suffering from dementia. Sad to see her go, but many happy memories of her time on Gilligan's Island.

Hopefully people get the reference: "Those poor people".
dell
High C

Post by High C »

This is a tough one. I enjoyed the dream/fantasy episodes of Gllligan's Island--I've read a lot of the cast members did--in which she got a chance to do something a little different. There was one in which she played a henchmoll type, which was fun. I also liked the silly 'amnesia' episode in which Mary Ann believes she's Ginger and Dawn got to wear some haute couture for a change.

Sad news.
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
FLOYDLEWIS

Post by FLOYDLEWIS »

rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

Yes, GI was as much of my childhood as Batman and was part of my daily watching routine. I think we about to see a rash of losing our childhood favorites. I know we never know what these actors actually are like in real life but Dawn seemed to be what you saw. RIP
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

I heard this on the way home yesterday and my heart sank. We all loved Mary Ann. Every guy in America did, right? I never met her, but every interview I have ever seen with her, she just seemed so down to earth. Yea, the show was kinda stupid, but it was fun. Yea I still giggle over that stuff to this day. This one really really sucks. 2020 cannot leave fast enough as far as I am concerned!
R.I. P. Dawn and thanks for the great memories. You will be missed.
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

rsaffle wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:39 pm Yes, GI was as much of my childhood as Batman and was part of my daily watching routine. I think we about to see a rash of losing our childhood favorites. I know we never know what these actors actually are like in real life but Dawn seemed to be what you saw. RIP
I think that actually started a few years ago already. Myself, being a rock guitarist and keyboardist, it sucked losing Eddie and Neal Peart earlier this year. All of those guys are either pushing, or are in their 70s now. It sucks.
Batfanman

Post by Batfanman »

Dawn was just as sweet a lady as you might have imagined. Very personable and a great conversationalist. The December 24 FB post on her page was apparently pre-recorded in October according to her manager's post yesterday on her behalf. It's so sad that this virus exists.

A December 21 post indicates she completed filming a Amazon TV series called "Dawn Wells: Reel Adventures" that is about her trek around the world fly-fishing.
Every Day Is BATMAN DAY!
Visit & Like - https://www.facebook.com/batfanman66
High C

Post by High C »

Batman65 wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:53 am
rsaffle wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:39 pm Yes, GI was as much of my childhood as Batman and was part of my daily watching routine. I think we about to see a rash of losing our childhood favorites. I know we never know what these actors actually are like in real life but Dawn seemed to be what you saw. RIP
I think that actually started a few years ago already.
Exactly. Just glancing at an episode list today, and doing a quick count, and I could be off by one or two, I estimated that of the 46 henchmoll actresses, 18 are no longer with us. It's so hard to fathom when you think of so many of them as being so young and, to borrow Bill Dozier's awful term, 'sexy dames,' and forever immortalized that way on our DVDs. It's just so hard to think of them having dementia or strokes or such and ultimately dying. As many others have said so many times, it reminds us all of our own mortality. It's not fun to think about, any of it.
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
Space Ghost

Post by Space Ghost »

Dawn Wells as Mary Ann was always my favorite character on Gilligan's Island. A show I watch today as much as Batman. Such a great era for television compared to today.
You're Never Too Old to have a Happy Childhood
AHTrois

Post by AHTrois »

Last Castaway standing.
tina-louise-dawn-wells-dead-10.jpg
vintagematt

Post by vintagematt »

Must be getting pretty lonely out on Gilligan's Island...
"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"