A Pictorial History of Silent Films Riddler Prop Book

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
rsaffle

A Pictorial History of Silent Films Riddler Prop Book

Post by rsaffle »

Prop Book from Batman '66 tv show. I reproduced the graphics and font.

The Riddler is making a silent movie and is secretly filming Batman & Robin. Riddler clubs them on the head with a giant copy of A Pictorial History of Silent Films by Y.Y. Flurch. Inside the book are two riddles!

What do you find in a kitchen cabinet that is not alive? Alfred points out that everything in a cabinet should not be alive—dead forks, dead knives, dead spoons, dead pots, and dead pans. They decide that the clue is deadpans, like the expressions on silent film stars, and that this will be a deadpan simple crime.

"When is a new car considered to be seedy?
When it’s a lemon! Of course that leads them to a party where only Lemonade is being served!
Bat logic 101!

“Death in Slow Motion”
Season 1, Episode 31

Attachments
book a.jpg
book e.jpg
book d.jpg
book c.jpg
book b.jpg
31-4 (1).png
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
Ben Bentley

Re: A Pictorial History of Silent Films Riddler Prop Book

Post by Ben Bentley »

Beautifully done, Sir! Fantastic attention to detail on the typefaces.

Next up... 1:1? :D
Chuck Williams

Post by Chuck Williams »

Outstanding!!!! WELL DONE!!!
Quick, Everyone, Flee for your lives, into the street!!!!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/WilliamsStudio ... eller_info
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

Appreciate that guys. I would love a full size one but im running out of room as it is now. Lol

If anyone wants these files let me know. I have no problem sharing. I adjusted the graphics to fit an old hardback book I had but I have both versions.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

rsaffle wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 9:05 am Appreciate that guys. I would love a full size one but im running out of room as it is now. Lol

If anyone wants these files let me know. I have no problem sharing. I adjusted the graphics to fit an old hardback book I had but I have both versions.
You’ll just have to get a permit to start digging below your house! I can’t wait to see you 3D print a life size Atomic Pile 😜

There can’t be all that many episodes that you haven’t created a prop from now is there? It dawned on me that you’ve tackled multiple items from the same episode like this with the “Bat-Key” that you so kindly bestowed to my collection.
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

Ben Bentley wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 9:35 am
rsaffle wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 9:05 am Appreciate that guys. I would love a full size one but im running out of room as it is now. Lol
There can’t be all that many episodes that you haven’t created a prop from now is there? It dawned on me that you’ve tackled multiple items from the same episode like this with the “Bat-Key” that you so kindly bestowed to my collection.
I have to admit I haven't seen all of the episodes in a long time but when I do watch one then I start a photo collection of possible props and then just randomly pick something that looks fun. I have probably 5 or 6 going in different stages at all times. I'm also building a vacuum former to help make some that my 3d printer are not suited for like Archers Glasses. I'm having fun but I also haven't been doing much else. lol

I will get a list together of what I've done and what episodes. It will probably surprise even myself.
SteveA

Post by SteveA »

I've got to say your work is fantastic. :D
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

SteveA wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 5:35 pm I've got to say your work is fantastic. :D
Thank you very much Steve! We all have love for this show and it shows in every post comment.
Meule

Post by Meule »

Nailed it, you absolutely nailed it. The Riddler mask in the pics is a nice touch.
And the way your collection is growing I can see how you're running out of space fast :lol:
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
Penguin For Mayor

Post by Penguin For Mayor »

Looks great mate! Very nice artwork and overall composition!

You are quite the master of many things!
So - These Here, Are Them There... Fabulous Twins?