Repeat henchmen?

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

bat-rss

Repeat henchmen?

Post by bat-rss »

Victor Lundin was a Penguin henchman in season one, a Shame hench... native American in season three.
Any other actors who appeared as a villain assistant more than once?
Attachments
VL Batman Octopus.png
266ea3502bc3d5535bf99e84db7767fb.jpg
266ea3502bc3d5535bf99e84db7767fb.jpg (39.91 KiB) Viewed 5848 times
"I'm half-demented with whimsical outrage!"
-- The Joker, in a line cut from "The Joker's Epitaph"
Mr. Glee

Re: Repeat henchmen?

Post by Mr. Glee »

Joe Tata was a henchman in "Ring of Wax," "Hizzonner the Penguin," and "I'll Be a Mummy's Uncle." Gil Perkins, a stuntman who appeared in KING KONG (1933) and FRANKENSTEIN MEETS THE WOLFMAN (1943), was a henchman in "The Joker is Wild," "The Thirteenth Hat," the '66 Bat-movie, and "Ring Around the Riddler" (and he played the jury foreman in "The Funny Feline Felonies.")
clavierankh

Post by clavierankh »

Lewis Charles was Hawkeye in Fine Feathered Finks and Armband in The Sport Of Penguins
High C

Post by High C »

Mr. Glee wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 4:46 pm Joe Tata was a henchman in "Ring of Wax," "Hizzonner the Penguin," and "I'll Be a Mummy's Uncle." Gil Perkins, a stuntman who appeared in KING KONG (1933) and FRANKENSTEIN MEETS THE WOLFMAN (1943), was a henchman in "The Joker is Wild," "The Thirteenth Hat," the '66 Bat-movie, and "Ring Around the Riddler" (and he played the jury foreman in "The Funny Feline Felonies.")
To be nitpicky, he always has been credited as Joe E. Tata. He also was the owner/proprietor of the Peach Pit in Beverly Hills 90210, which is pretty evil, if you ask me.

Richard Bakalyan was CB in the Riddler silent film caper arc, Arbutus in Louie the Lilac's debut, and the nutty Verdigris in Joker's Flying Saucer.

Moonlighting MLB outfielder Al Ferrara was Trap Door for Black Widow and Atlas for Minerva.

If we count the movie (your call), George Sawaya was Templar in the Lesley Gore arc (whoaaaa, California nights!) and Quetch in the film.

James Griffith was Trusty in the Ma Parker arc and Manx in Eartha Kitt's solo Catwoman ep.

Also, Don 'Red' Barry was a henchman in both the first King Tut arc and the Black Widow arc.

I believe the Gotham City Henchperson's Union has documentation of all this, but I don't know how far back their records date.
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
bat-rss

Post by bat-rss »

Yikes, there are a lot more of them than I realized! Thanks
"I'm half-demented with whimsical outrage!"
-- The Joker, in a line cut from "The Joker's Epitaph"
Tom1980

Post by Tom1980 »

A couple more, Dick Crockett played Morgan in the movie, and one of the six henchmen in Zodiac Crimes.

In season 2, Charles Picerni worked for Clock King, Mad Hatter, then straight out in time to work for the Joker/Penguin in the next episode. Also turned up working for Minerva in the last ever episode.

He seems to be still going strong looking at his IMDB credits!

Jack Perkins (any relation to Gil?) was one of Chandell's piano movers, then worked for the Joker in Pop Goes the Joker. I think he was also a stunt double for a Bookworm henchman, and the Joker (when disguised as the Maharajah) fighting Batman, as he has a distinctive way of swinging his punches.
clavierankh

Post by clavierankh »

Charles Picerni's brother Paul was a henchman in Catwoman Goes To College.
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

This topic comes up weekly during the VBC.
Is there an agency that provides henchmen to villains?
Maybe a Union?
There are quite a few repeat "Offenders"
JWLJN

Post by JWLJN »

Larry Anthony was Bolt for The Joker and Digby for Lord Ffogg.
Ricky

Post by Ricky »

Not a henchman per se but Leslie Parrish who played Glacia Glaze for 'Ice Spy/The Duo Defy' was also Dawn Robbins in 'The Penguin's A Jinx'.
clavierankh

Post by clavierankh »

In the same vein Diane McBain Mad Hatters moll Lisa returned as Pinky Pinkston in the Green Hornet arc
eewdoc

Post by eewdoc »

Milton Berle played an Gotham Penitentiary inmate turned rooftop guard in the Ma Parker episode in season 2, then became Louie the lilac in season 3.
Kite Kid

Post by Kite Kid »

F Troop's Joe Brooks worked for False Face and for the Penguin & Lola Lasagne.