Nerve Paralyzer Spray Black Widow prop

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
rsaffle

Nerve Paralyzer Spray Black Widow prop

Post by rsaffle »

The Black Widow literally has a bag of tricks she uses to rob banks with. After her Cerebrum Short-Circuiter proves ineffective our heroes patiently wait for her to put it in her purse and then pull out a Nerve Paralyzer Spray. Widow sprays Batman directly in his face with the spider-venom paralyzing him in place and makes her escape. Of course Robin, for reasons passing understanding, just stands there until Batman can move again.

“Caught in the Spider’s Den”
Season 2, Episodes 56

This makes my 3rd prop from these episodes. Where does she get all those wonderful toys?

Attachments
INST COVER.jpg
INST C.jpg
INST B.jpg
INSTA STRAIGHT.jpg
Unstant Nerve Ad.jpg
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
svl

Re: Nerve Paralyzer Spray Black Widow prop

Post by svl »

Brilliant. Especially love the ad. Just sent away, hope mine gets here soon!
Meule

Post by Meule »

Your presentation is getting better and better, that ad is a wonderful touch
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
A. Pennyworth

Post by A. Pennyworth »

Another great prop with a killer outstanding clever advert! Nice job.

Have you made the "ANTI-LETHAL FOG BATSPRAY" from the Londinuim episode yet? Probably an easy job for you when you want a simpler project!
Attachments
antilethalfogbatspray.jpg
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

A. Pennyworth wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 8:58 am Another great prop with a killer outstanding clever advert! Nice job.

Have you made the "ANTI-LETHAL FOG BATSPRAY" from the Londinuim episode yet? Probably an easy job for you when you want a simpler
project!
I have not. Thanks for another great idea sir.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Great job Randy! Those "vintage" ads are a whole other brand of awesome all together!
vintagematt

Post by vintagematt »

Now that's a prop I never thought I'd see made! But I'm sure glad it has been! I'm in the minority that loves Black Widow as a villain, so it's a treat to see it recreated! I agree with everybody above about the ad: it's awesome!
"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

Feline Felonies wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 4:18 pm Now that's a prop I never thought I'd see made! But I'm sure glad it has been! I'm in the minority that loves Black Widow as a villain, so it's a treat to see it recreated! I agree with everybody above about the ad: it's awesome!
Thank you Feline. I really liked the episode and she had great props. I've already done her Dummy Lip Activator and her Cerebrum Short-Circuitor props too. She had a cool red and black hideout also. She is one of my favorites too.
chrisbcritter

Post by chrisbcritter »

As long as you're working with spray cans, how about the show's very first ones - cans "A" and "B" from "Smack in the Middle" (reused in "Death in Slow Motion")?
scene00391.jpeg
scene00480.jpeg
scene00556.jpeg
I did some sleuthing and IDed the cans from vintage ads: Wizard Air Freshener Spray.
Copy of The_Vancouver_Sun_Wed__Mar_23__1966_.jpg
Some years newer but still very close:
wizard air freshener - riddler sleeping gas 3.jpg
wizard air freshener - riddler sleeping gas 3.jpg (213.89 KiB) Viewed 5126 times
Just repaint them red with pale blue tops and a white button. Probably Franklin Gothic Bold for the letters.

(Of course, finding two 50-something year-old spray cans may be tough... :roll: )
"To the medical eye, such childish claptrap means only one thing, young man: You need some sleep."
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

chrisbcritter wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 6:32 pm
(Of course, finding two 50-something year-old spray cans may be tough... :roll: )
I appreciate the sleuthing and the idea Chris. Making props someone cares about and the research put into them is the fun part. I may have to 3D print the caps but I will keep my eyes open for the real ones first. Great job with the screen captures and research!

Btw, I'm making Riddlers dart gun from this episode right now. Interesting coincidence.
chrisbcritter

Post by chrisbcritter »

PM sent re Sandman's stethoscope.
"To the medical eye, such childish claptrap means only one thing, young man: You need some sleep."