Bat Signal Prop 3D print

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
rsaffle

Bat Signal Prop 3D print

Post by rsaffle »

The Bat Signal prop has been done before by many people but I never felt any captured what I was seeing on screen. The signal wasn't shown in great detail so I used Photoshop to lighten the images that they did show to reveal more detail. After doing that I spent a ton of time on the Internet looking for the exact light they used but I was never able to find it. I even wrote a company that sells vintage Search Lights and they ended up asking me to write them back if I ever figure it out. lol
I do agree with other posts on this forum that think it was a Mole-Richardson brand light and I found very similar lights that I ended up using for my reference. I don't think it was a real search light. I'm leaning towards it being some kind of theatre light. Since drawing this up, I have figured out a couple areas that I could improve and plan on doing that on a larger model in the future.

Season 1, Episode 1 "Hi Diddle Riddle" marked the first appearance of the Bat-Signal in the series.

Attachments
bs d.jpg
BS TURNAROUND.jpg
bsc.jpg
bsa.jpg
bs e.jpg
vlcsnap-00025.jpg
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
SteveA

Re: Bat Signal Prop 3D print

Post by SteveA »

WOW! That's a lot of work and a lot of research. Great Job ! Best detail I've seen of the Bat-Signal.
Very Impressive.
To The Batpoles!

Post by To The Batpoles! »

I'd buy one!

=Frank=
The Early Bird may get the Worm, but it's the SECOND Mouse that gets the CHEESE!
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Begorrah! Another fantastic project! A really nicely researched take on a classic.
greatlakes6

Post by greatlakes6 »

Love it!
Batfanman

Post by Batfanman »

Awesome work! I agree that it probably wasn't a real spotlight or if it was, maybe they dumbed down the wattage of the bulb. A real search light would have been way too bright for that scene.
Every Day Is BATMAN DAY!
Visit & Like - https://www.facebook.com/batfanman66
Meule

Post by Meule »

For sure this Bat signal puts all the others to shame... incredible research and execution, Randy
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe