McFarlane Toys doing Batman 66 figures?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
LizardKing

Re: McFarlane Toys doing Batman 66 figures?

Post by LizardKing »

Meh.
After Funko crapped the bed I lost interest. Making only 1 villain to me is a bad decision.
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

LizardKing wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:49 pm Meh.
After Funko crapped the bed I lost interest. Making only 1 villain to me is a bad decision.
Between making a Batcave and making more villains, I think they made the better choice. Hopefully they’ll do more in the future
Jeff Cope

Post by Jeff Cope »

Bookworm wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:32 pm Between making a Batcave and making more villains, I think they made the better choice. Hopefully they’ll do more in the future
As I stated a page back, Riddler is in series 2.

It looks to me that McFarlane is optimistic about this line, and holding characters back for future waves. Let’s hope that sales support that decision.
LizardKing

Post by LizardKing »

Jeff Cope wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:31 am
Bookworm wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:32 pm Between making a Batcave and making more villains, I think they made the better choice. Hopefully they’ll do more in the future
As I stated a page back, Riddler is in series 2.

It looks to me that McFarlane is optimistic about this line, and holding characters back for future waves
. Let’s hope that sales support that decision.
That is what Funko said too. See how that played out.
Bryan Grantham

Post by Bryan Grantham »

Hmm...looking at the Bleedingcool article, yes, Robin's cape is scalloped. Small detail, but important. I wonder why that choice was made. Oh well. I suppose if one wanted, they could just trim it off or replace the cape entirely.

For the most part, it's a great looking line. Glad it's here.
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

It is easy to pick it apart since we have such a wealth of other figures, toys, sculpts, etc- to compare and contrast. Most of us would have killed for something like this back in the day, no matter how accurate.
wave 2 sounds good, and the listing seam to suggest they are already made, possible reveal at either NYCC or later this year at SDCC. Just a guess.
Bryan Grantham

Post by Bryan Grantham »

I quite agree...this is stuff we would have "killed" for back in the 1970s, when we thought the Mego figures were the greatest thing we'd ever seen. I still remember seeing the removable cowl Batman and, through a child's eyes, being awestruck and more than a little envious of my classmate. Then, later, seeing a Corgi Batmobile!! I grew up out in the country, and we didn't have access to things like that...although my parents did get me the Mego Batman & Robin figures for Christmas. Great memories, but...yes, today's products are really fun to have.
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

AndyFish wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:13 am The unmasked ones really make zero sense to me, but I’m not a completist by any means. I just can’t imagine a kid wanting a Batman figure without a mask. I think these can stand better than Mattel because they left out the ankle joints.
The unmasked Batman...other than to bait "have it all" collectors, yeah, why is that a variant? Everyone knows its a look that never appeared on the TV series or movie, so it just seems like a money grab disguised as something collectible.
Beneath Wayne Manor
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Jeff Cope wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:01 pm
Ben Bentley wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:54 amI've just seen that these are set to be Target exclusives (boo for the rest of the world...)
Generally when a product is exclusive to a company like Target, deals are in place to make it available via some international retailers. I can’t promise that’ll be the case here. But it’s likely.
In case I missed it, but weren’t these solicited by comic shops? How are they Target exclusives? Maybe the variants are exclusives.

Lest we forget these are toys, ....
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Well, that summed it up. I thought this may be focused on a younger audience, say age 5 and up, but the packaging clearly show 12 and up.

I bet the Batcave is the best selling item....
Jeff Cope

Post by Jeff Cope »

Dude in the video says “these look more like kids toys than what the collector community wants”

To which I respond, “That’s why I like them”
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

I prefer kids toys in terms of look. Putting 12 and up on the packaging is as much a liability defense as anything else.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

https://13thdimension.com/dig-this-insi ... 6-batcave/

All sorts of shots of the batcave including packaging. This is a must have.
15730_12.jpg
15730_10.jpg
15730_09.jpg
15730_03.jpg
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

15730_01.jpg
15730_02.jpg
15730_04.jpg
15730_11.jpg
15730_12.jpg