Help me remember! Please!

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Jtetch66

Help me remember! Please!

Post by Jtetch66 »

I have watched every episode of our beloved series dozens of times in my life and have been a fan for over 30 years. It is without a doubt my favorite show and my strongest link to all nostalgia. That being said I have a memory of a villain putting someone in a train car and faking moving scenery outside. Similar to the captain’s gimmick in the movie but a train. I have tried to find it over and over in my Blu-Rays and no luck. Does anyone know where I may be getting this memory?
rsaffle

Re: Help me remember! Please!

Post by rsaffle »

My memory is like yours but I do know there is an episode with Shame as the villian called The Great Train Robbery. I'm certain others will know right away what your are referring too but you could look there first.
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

You're not thinking of an episode of Batman i'm afraid...

Maybe someone else here can recall which show you're recalling?
High C

Post by High C »

Ben Bentley wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:32 am You're not thinking of an episode of Batman I'm afraid...

Maybe someone else here can recall which show you're recalling?
It sounds like the fifth season Twilight Zone episode 'Stopover in a Quiet Town'

I won't give all the spoilers--you can search the title. But here's the setup. A married couple get blackout drunk at a party and try to drive home. They wake up the next morning in a strange house in a small town (they are NYC residents). Nothing seems real...DUN DUNN DUNNN---and they finally get on a train and think they've escaped. But the train goes in a circle, goes nowhere, in essence and they're right back where they started, at the 'station.'

This is the best match, IMO, to what you've described.
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
clavierankh

Post by clavierankh »

There was a first season episode of Mission: Impossible called The Train. The team faked a train trip to expose a small country's corrupt deputy prime minister.
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

It sounds more like a scene from an old serial?
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

There was an episode of The Avengers' (the original legendary '60s British TV series) 1965 season that featured a phony train set-up. It was the second episode of Diana Rigg's first year as the absolutely astounding-in-all-ways Miss Emma Peel. In it, John Steed visits an eccentric old rich guy who loves trains and has a made-up passenger train car that he sits in and has lunch with Steed while a scenery barrel spins outside. It's actually both bizarre and quite amusing at the same time as so many '60s action shows seemed to be. This is the only pic link I could find. I have it on DVD but there are no actual screen captures or vid clips online that I could locate.

http://i.mycdn.me/i?r=AEE-HZfz734vGAKls ... external_8
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
West Fan

Post by West Fan »

In the movie, after kidnapping him, the Joker puts Commodore Schmidlapp in a fake yacht cabin with fake scenery and fog horns while supposedly fogbound off the Coast of the Grand Banks. This could be what you're thinking of.
SaintsPreserveUs

Post by SaintsPreserveUs »

The A Team also did this trope with a plane on a runway in the fog. BA rigged the runway lights to make it look like the plane was moving while Murdock increase the engine rpms.
Begorra!