BATMOBILE PROP BEACON CAGE AND LIGHT

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
rsaffle

BATMOBILE PROP BEACON CAGE AND LIGHT

Post by rsaffle »

BATMOBILE 3D printed PROP BEACON CAGE AND LIGHT 1:1 SCALE

This beacon cage was my longest continuous 3D print coming in around 38 hours. I found the 7" light at a local party store. I replaced all of the lights in these photos with my prop. This is the closest I've ever been to owning the greatest car in the world. It's only a light but you have to start somewhere! :D

I surprised myself by figuring out how many Batman '66 props that I have made in the past year and a half. I would have guessed it was around 25 to 30 but I am celebrating NUMBER FIFTY with this prop from around 38 episodes! :shock: I have run out of shelf space and most are piled on top of each other in boxes. I think I have a problem but I'm also about to buy my 3rd printer so I hope nobody's tired of them.

Thank you all for the comments, support and of course the reference photos! I love having a place to share these. This site and its members are totally responsible for these props!

Here's to the next 50!
-Randy

Attachments
happy-birthday-years-gold-happy-birthday-years-gold-white-background-122830992.jpg
bat beacon c.jpg
bat beacon b.jpg
bat beacon bnw.jpg
bat beacon main.jpg
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
Batfanman

Re: BATMOBILE PROP BEACON CAGE AND LIGHT

Post by Batfanman »

Bat-tastic!
Every Day Is BATMAN DAY!
Visit & Like - https://www.facebook.com/batfanman66
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

Nailed it Randy.
A. Pennyworth

Post by A. Pennyworth »

Wonder how it would fit over a vintage Tripp-Lite MV-2 beacon (original beacon). I have been very disappointed over the years that no one has made an accurate beacon cage that is properly detailed as to it's look, shape, and overall proportions to the original cage. There have been some very good fabrications as of late. Your looks nice, some detail missing but 99% better than most
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

A. Pennyworth wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:39 pm Wonder how it would fit over a vintage Tripp-Lite MV-2 beacon (original beacon). I have been very disappointed over the years that no one has made an accurate beacon cage that is properly detailed as to it's look, shape, and overall proportions to the original cage. There have been some very good fabrications as of late. Your looks nice, some detail missing but 99% better than most
I read up on the Tripp -Lite beacon and it says it is 7" tall and I found one the same height. I designed mine based on photo's from the #1 with these photos and more. Should be pretty accurate. Top photo is the knockoff brand.

I was curious what details I missed but looking back at these I see the triangle shapes at the top. Do you see anything else? I do plan on adding the black base ring to finish it off.

I don't like missing stuff. lol
Attachments
Capture.JPG
unnamed (1).jpg
unnamed (1).jpg (50.46 KiB) Viewed 5039 times
light.jpg
light.jpg (67.15 KiB) Viewed 5039 times
159951-54d79bd618a048e40ab2161e8380ff02.jpg
159951-54d79bd618a048e40ab2161e8380ff02.jpg (9.72 KiB) Viewed 5039 times
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
A. Pennyworth

Post by A. Pennyworth »

yes the small triangular detail at the top ring lip centering on the top of the ribs. Also tough to see on photo but there a small raised lip/inscribed area around each oval cut outs. Not sure if that was from the punching out of the metal or something added later?
Attachments
bat11.jpg
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Huge congrats on hitting the milestone of FIFTY individual props, Sir! I've said it before, but it remains true - it's a pleasure to have you with us here on the message board and to see the great work you do! Thanks for continuing to share your passion with us!
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Bravo! That is some dedication and a great amount of skill!
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
dell

Post by dell »

I would say you have the hard part done. Just print everything underneath the light and you will have a Batmobile.
dell
Meule

Post by Meule »

Couldn't have chosen a better prop for this milestone... here's to fifty more
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe