Just Published My First Epic Fantasy Novel

Here's a place for NON '66 Batman related subjects.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Jim Beard

Just Published My First Epic Fantasy Novel

Post by Jim Beard »

Love Epic Fantasy novels, but don’t have the time and inclination to invest in another phonebook-size tome? In THE NINE NATIONS I’ve brought all my passion for Pulp and my love for Tolkien, Brooks, Farland, Eddings, etc. together to create a quicker read, yet with all the fantastic characters, concepts, and world-building you expect from Epic Fantasy fiction.

Plus, I’ve priced BOOK ONE: THE SLIDING WORLD at the Nice Price of $2.99 ebook and $9.99 print edition, so, step beyond your borders into The Nine Nations as they slide closer and closer to The Edge and their ultimate fate…

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1087900824
NN Front.jpg
My Fiction and Non-Fiction Books: www.amazon.com/Jim-Beard/e/B004UWVOPE
robinboyblunderer

Re: Just Published My First Epic Fantasy Novel

Post by robinboyblunderer »

Congratulations, I hope it's a success for you!

I like the cover art and design scheme.

cheers
Jim Beard

Post by Jim Beard »

robinboyblunderer wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:19 pm Congratulations, I hope it's a success for you!

I like the cover art and design scheme.

cheers
Huge, thanks, Boy Wonder!

Jim
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

Congratulations!
Jim Beard

Post by Jim Beard »

Scott Sebring wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:32 am Congratulations!
T'anks, Cap'n!

jim
Dan E Kool

Post by Dan E Kool »

Congrats, Jim! I wish you tons of success!

Here's Jim's back-of-the-book summary for everyone interested:
The End of the World is Nigh...

The denizens of the Nine Nations live their lives between a rock and a hard place, between impassable mountains and un-crossable deserts, and between the lifeless Greylands and the unavoidable Edge. In fact, mere existence across the land is always on the edge-until a series of seemingly natural disasters sends a signal that the end of the world may be even closer than anyone ever imagined.

Now, two men ride out from the ancient Nation of Complin, each with his own quest for answers and solutions to the impending doom of their land, and though they are accompanied by capable companions with missions of their own, they are all riding into a storm that will alter them beyond recognition. At the end of the world, transformation may be the only path to saving their souls.

Pulp writer Jim Beard makes his first foray into fantasy with book one of The Nine Nations Duology, a story that both welcomes lovers of epic fantasy tales, yet also challenges them with fresh, new concepts for the genre. The Sliding World invites you to peer into the abyss, let go of your fears, and take a leap of faith.
Your cover art looks great and the story sounds action-packed 8-)
- Boy Genius
Jim Beard

Post by Jim Beard »

Dan E Kool wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:39 am Congrats, Jim! I wish you tons of success!

Here's Jim's back-of-the-book summary for everyone interested:
The End of the World is Nigh...

The denizens of the Nine Nations live their lives between a rock and a hard place, between impassable mountains and un-crossable deserts, and between the lifeless Greylands and the unavoidable Edge. In fact, mere existence across the land is always on the edge-until a series of seemingly natural disasters sends a signal that the end of the world may be even closer than anyone ever imagined.

Now, two men ride out from the ancient Nation of Complin, each with his own quest for answers and solutions to the impending doom of their land, and though they are accompanied by capable companions with missions of their own, they are all riding into a storm that will alter them beyond recognition. At the end of the world, transformation may be the only path to saving their souls.

Pulp writer Jim Beard makes his first foray into fantasy with book one of The Nine Nations Duology, a story that both welcomes lovers of epic fantasy tales, yet also challenges them with fresh, new concepts for the genre. The Sliding World invites you to peer into the abyss, let go of your fears, and take a leap of faith.
Your cover art looks great and the story sounds action-packed 8-)
Dan, I appreciate you sharing the back cover text. I sometimes waver on how much is too much to post on this board. Thanks for the kind words about Matt Orsman's cover. He and I spent a lot of time on the look of the characters and especially on the map of the world. I always wanted a book with a map.

Jim
Dan E Kool

Post by Dan E Kool »

No worries, Jim! Glad to help any way I can.
- Boy Genius
Jim Beard

Post by Jim Beard »