McFarlane Toys doing Batman 66 figures?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Ben Bentley

Re: McFarlane Toys doing Batman 66 figures?

Post by Ben Bentley »

Jeff Cope wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:01 pm
Ben Bentley wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:52 am I've seen people mention Walmart having the action figures on the rack now.
Outside of the US, yes? The figures are supposed to be exclusive to Target in the US.
I just double-checked and the guy in question was in Canada.
Jeff Cope

Post by Jeff Cope »

Ben Bentley wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:38 pm I just double-checked and the guy in question was in Canada.
Ah. Thanks Ben.
Jeff Cope

Post by Jeff Cope »

162B0B65-1C4C-42FB-852F-4E9277E35490.jpeg
Today I found Joker and Robin, but sadly no Batman in Portland, OR.
Jczernich

Post by Jczernich »

Saw the Batmobile at a Central Mass Target today but nothing else. The Batmobile looked worse in person.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

In my previous life before being a millionaire comic book artist I used to manage a small group of supermarkets with pretty decent sales and about 1500 employees so a hobby for me now is to keep up with retailer insider news; Target changed its model in the past few years eliminating permanent back room workers and changing from night crews to stock the shelves to day crews, this is why when you walk through a Target today the shelves are empty and the floor is overrun with pallets of stock blocking your way. It also means the backrooms are overpacked so that merchandise piles up. If you do a google search for Target Back Rooms you'll see photos of how bad some of these are.

Well all of this explains why Target doesn't have any figures from an exclusive deal with McFarlane Toys.
johndeblasi

Post by johndeblasi »

So now I see there is the Platinum Edition figures. There is Robin without his mask, and Joker with a mask. And I still can't get the first three figures!
Jczernich

Post by Jczernich »

johndeblasi wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:33 am So now I see there is the Platinum Edition figures. There is Robin without his mask, and Joker with a mask. And I still can't get the first three figures!
Where are you seeing this?
johndeblasi

Post by johndeblasi »

Ebay
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I don't understand the unmasked Batman and Robins but I guess if you consider the screen test you saw them without their masks.
These are literally going to have to fall into my cart at Target for me to get them-- which is highly unlikely because I don't like shopping.
Just toys-- now if Playmobil does a Batmobile with Batman and Robin I'll be all over it, loved Playmobil as a kid and the James Bond Aston Martin they're doing is just too cool.
Dan E Kool

Post by Dan E Kool »

AndyFish wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:41 am In my previous life before being a millionaire comic book artist...
MEANWHILE, AT STATELY FISH MANOR...
- Boy Genius
mwilbury

Post by mwilbury »

AndyFish wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:36 pm now if Playmobil does a Batmobile with Batman and Robin I'll be all over it, loved Playmobil as a kid and the James Bond Aston Martin they're doing is just too cool.
You took the words from my mouth, Andy. I never had Playmobil toys growing up and never purchased any until my forever-in-progress custom project. As an adult passing through stores, I began to appreciate their aesthetic, attention to detail, and world-building. Then I noticed some parts with a lot of potential...

I started this years ago (before the licensing deal gave us actual '66 figures), but that was just before my first child was born. Three kids later, and I'm still hoping to find time to get back to it. Every non-factory element was sculpted/created/cast by hand or kit-bashed. I compiled a lot of fodder parts and completed a ton of patterns and decal art for the primary cast and more, along with the major vehicles.

I had not seen the James Bond Playmobil set, but it looks great, and I'm tempted!

2012-Playmobil_Batman_Progress.jpg
Barnabas Collins

Post by Barnabas Collins »

First post! Long-time reader of the forum (including the old forum!), but I finally joined. Thank you, Scott Sebring. Very much enjoying the McFarland Batman 66 line.

Barnabas Collins
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

mwilbury wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:26 pm
AndyFish wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:36 pm now if Playmobil does a Batmobile with Batman and Robin I'll be all over it, loved Playmobil as a kid and the James Bond Aston Martin they're doing is just too cool.
You took the words from my mouth, Andy. I never had Playmobil toys growing up and never purchased any until my forever-in-progress custom project. As an adult passing through stores, I began to appreciate their aesthetic, attention to detail, and world-building. Then I noticed some parts with a lot of potential...

I started this years ago (before the licensing deal gave us actual '66 figures), but that was just before my first child was born. Three kids later, and I'm still hoping to find time to get back to it. Every non-factory element was sculpted/created/cast by hand or kit-bashed. I compiled a lot of fodder parts and completed a ton of patterns and decal art for the primary cast and more, along with the major vehicles.

I had not seen the James Bond Playmobil set, but it looks great, and I'm tempted!

2012-Playmobil_Batman_Progress.jpg
Wow these are great!
Playmobil all the way!
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

Barnabas Collins wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:21 am First post! Long-time reader of the forum (including the old forum!), but I finally joined. Thank you, Scott Sebring. Very much enjoying the McFarland Batman 66 line.

Barnabas Collins
Welcome Barnabas! Look forward to hearing and seeing from you sir.
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

mwilbury wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:26 pm I started this years ago (before the licensing deal gave us actual '66 figures), but that was just before my first child was born. Three kids later, and I'm still hoping to find time to get back to it.
That looks cool. I love it when members get creative. This is the kind of thing that gets me going.

No pressure but I look forward to seeing it finished.
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/