Henchman Pay

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

dell

Henchman Pay

Post by dell »

Near the beginning of the Purrfect Crime Leo complains that Catwoman has stolen the golden cat but won't sell it. He wants his cut. At the end of the second part of this arc he is wondering what his end will be? A clever play on words as Leo thinks he is getting paid in loot, but Catwoman has a different end in mind.

I can't remember another overt discussion of pay for the henchman. Are there others?
dell
Mark Racop

Re: Henchman Pay

Post by Mark Racop »

The henchmen complain to Mad Hatter in "The Thirteenth Hat."
BAT 77

Post by BAT 77 »

Tut's henchmen practically salivating at the notion of John E. Carson paying ransom money for the return of Lisa in "Batman's Waterloo".
BAT 77 - My '70s Batman Childhood
Subscribe to the Podcast at http://bat77.libsyn.com
Visit me on Facebook.com/bat77podcast
Bryan Grantham

Post by Bryan Grantham »

Joker's henchmen apparently get paid very well! In part one of the Zodiac Crimes, Joker instructs Mercury to "just pay the man" $2,450.00!! That's about $21,480 today. Unless, maybe, Mercury is the gang's treasurer...

I think we can all agree that most portrayals of the Joker would have the deliveryman paid in an acid-squirting flower, or Joker-venom.
High C

Post by High C »

I would say there were 'fringe benefits,' such as the 'scenery,' when working for a female villain.

It was unclear which arch-villain had the best comprehensive dental plan and 401(k) package.

Cesar's Joker: 'Check out my optional vision plan. Deeee-licious!!!!'
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17