ABC 25th Anniversary Salute to Batman

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

jokers moll

ABC 25th Anniversary Salute to Batman

Post by jokers moll »

Came across this on You Tube and thought everyone here would enjoy it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuVXn2FpZe4

Let me know what you think! There were a few obvious flaws in the costuming but as a whole I thought it was very well done!
John Mack

Re: ABC 25th Anniversary Salute to Batman

Post by John Mack »

I can't believe I saw that first run. The promos for it were run for like for a month and I was ready with my cassette tape recorder the night it aired (no VCRs in those days.) I can remember listening to it over and over. Thanks for sharing this!
Music. BAT! Music.
Space Ghost

Post by Space Ghost »

Always fun to see this again!
You're Never Too Old to have a Happy Childhood
Batman6

Post by Batman6 »

I like this clip. It's so awesome to see them back from the 1970's. I'm telling you neither of the Dynamic Duo age. They still look great!
Atomic batteries to power, turbines to speed; Roger, ready to move out!

January 12, 1966 - A day which will live in infamy; especially for us devoted 1966 Batman fans!
Gernot

Post by Gernot »

Wow! I haven't seen this since the 70's, about 40 years ago. I remember it airing on a Sunday evening, and my brothers and I were VERY excited for the Batman segment to air.

This whole bit kept us thoroughly entertained, MUCH more so than the Sonny & Cher tribute a few years later. ;)

Thanks for posting this! :)
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

I recall that night very well. The excitement of seeing all those stars from basically the beginning of TV up to that point which was 1978 was cool. I remember the then-current Superman Christopher Reeve attended along with Chuck Connors (there was a 'The Riflemen' tribute) and Kate Jackson came out on stage talking to the mysterious 'Charlie' (John Forsythe) on the auditorium sound system as Charlie's Angels was still going strong (I wasn't going to argue Cheryl Ladd as a replacement angel :D ). I couldn't wait for the Batman tribute. I was somewhat disappointed by the choice of scenes/villains that were shown and that Batgirl looked, for all intents and purposes, like a female Adam West Batman. There was no excuse not to have the right costume for the dancer. Aside from that I was happy to see Adam and Burt there at segment's end and that my favorite show was recognized by their peers. It meant a lot to me.
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
Gernot

Post by Gernot »

Heh. The guys who did the Batman segment were "inspired" by the 3rd season, Yellow Oval! They just took a Batman costume and cinched the waist for Batgirl! ;)

I DID enjoy the Shame segment, giggling like crazy with my brothers as we had mostly remembered Batman as a high adventure show. :)