'Batman' TV show licenses acquired by Warner Bros!!!

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

AHTrois

'Batman' TV show licenses acquired by Warner Bros!!!

Post by AHTrois »

HOLY AIRBORNE SWINE!!! HOLY FROZEN HADES!!!

THE MOMENT WE'VE ALL BEEN HOPING/PRAYING/WISHING FOR HAS ARRIVED!!
:D :) 8-) :lol: :mrgreen:

Click here to get all the details! Won't be long now, Batfans!!! :D
BatBrain

Re: 'Batman' TV show licenses acquired by Warner Bros!!!

Post by BatBrain »

Man, I got so excited for a minute. But I hate to break it to you (though I wish I was wrong). When reading this article, I noticed that this is the same news from a few months ago that many of us already heard about (article is dated Jun 11 2012). These are the deals reached which allows the selling of merchandise with the likeness of the TV series, but not the show itself. As the second sentence in the article says, "The studio has been granted the rights to sell merchandise based on the Adam West-starring series for the first time in 40 years, Variety reports." :(
Waterratt

Post by Waterratt »

This article was originally published back on June 11. As BatBrain stated, it only refers to merchandise. The article also states that the show "could" be released on DVD, not that it will.

From the article: "The news has given rise to speculation that Batman could now be given a DVD release for the first time in its history."

We can only hope and wait, and wait, and wait....
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Old news dude. Where ya been? Does NOT include a DVD etc release.

John
Music. BAT! Music.
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

Welcome back to the the board AHTrois. Yeah, this is was a topic covered heavily back in June but only regarded Merchandise like Toys, calendars and T-Shirts. Actual distribution for home video has not been worked out as of yet to our knowledge.

Good to see you here.
Ricky

Post by Ricky »

Well it is a step in the right direction at least!

It is fantastic to know that Warner want to make merchandise for the series, as I have always had the opinion they didn't care about the 60s Batman at all. So this is a breath of fresh air I suppose...
WayneGrayson

Post by WayneGrayson »

I'm wondering if this is a bit of market research - to monitor the level of interest in the series by way of sales merchandise - "well, they bought all the stuff, they must really want the series out - they'll pay ANYTHING FOR IT, TOO" (INSERT RIDDLER OR JOKER LAUGHTER)
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

I'm of the mind it is advanced market research. Considering all the hassles that have been going on over the years they may have wondered at this point is it still worth the effort? The whole Chris Nolan/Dark Knight thing notwithstanding, it seems DC and Warner (and, by extension, 20th Century Fox and Greenway) have lost touch with the fanbase about Batman and what constitutes the characteristics the fans want. Considering the absolute train wreck the DC "New 52" comics have become - they may be looking at seeing just how popular older Batman incarnations are when sales were a lot higher. A sort of re-orienting, if you will. I've been telling people when it comes to things like this businesses only understand one thing and that is numbers. When they see Adam West-era stuff fly off the shelves they may reconsider and realize how much money they're all losing by NOT putting the DVD sets out. As an added bonus maybe DC will smarten up and finally bring Batman back to being Batman.

In an aside, I LOVE the piano in your picture, Scott, even if I don't play! :shock:
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"