Sam Rechner - could he play Adam West some day?

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

BiffPow

Sam Rechner - could he play Adam West some day?

Post by BiffPow »

Just watched “The Fabelmans.” Sam Rechner plays a bully, but in several scenes he reminds me of a young Adam West. He might make a good choice to play Adam in a biopic (or, in a fantasy world, if someone ever made new seasons of the 1966 Batman).
Attachments
4ABDFF7F-034C-482B-B6C6-C8A5BFB9F2F6.jpeg
4ABDFF7F-034C-482B-B6C6-C8A5BFB9F2F6.jpeg (16.91 KiB) Viewed 15082 times
BatToys

Re: Sam Rechner - could he play Adam West some day?

Post by BatToys »

He does look like Adam West.

I'd love to see someone do a movie of new 1966 Batman episodes but this time with better writing and directing. Or based on the current '66 Batman comic book.
BatToys

Post by BatToys »

He does look like Adam West.

I'd love to see someone do a movie of new 1966 Batman episodes but this time with better writing and directing. Or based on the current '66 Batman comic book.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

That's a good catch. I mean, he is a giant step up from Jack Brewer...
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

Ben Bentley wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:19 am That's a good catch. I mean, he is a giant step up from Jack Brewer...
🤣👍
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

BatToys wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 7:15 pm He does look like Adam West.

👍 Same. All new seasons set in 1960s!
gerryd54

Post by gerryd54 »

yep, if someone could recreate the tone of the first 12 episodes or so that could be interesting. Maybe people are tired of the angry Batman in the suit of armor.
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

gerryd54 wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:06 am yep, if someone could recreate the tone of the first 12 episodes or so that could be interesting. Maybe people are tired of the angry Batman in the suit of armor.
I know I am. And the whiny, sad, drug-addicted looking new Batman, as well. The fun of comic book characters as fiction used to be to ESCAPE the harsh realities of life, not be plunged into them.

We love seeing good triumph over evil. Captain America socking Hitler’s jaw. In the old westerns (and in “Star Wars”) it was “white hats” versus “black hats,” clearly defining who the good and bad guys were and defeating the “black hats.”

Batman, like so many other TV shows of the time, was just plain old fun. No drugs, homelessness, hate, grungy cities. I sometimes wonder if we still depicted wholesome, clean and fun stories in our media, would life imitate art and get us heading back in the right direction?
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

BiffPow wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:40 am
gerryd54 wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:06 am yep, if someone could recreate the tone of the first 12 episodes or so that could be interesting. Maybe people are tired of the angry Batman in the suit of armor.
I know I am. And the whiny, sad, drug-addicted looking new Batman, as well. The fun of comic book characters as fiction used to be to ESCAPE the harsh realities of life, not be plunged into them.

We love seeing good triumph over evil. Captain America socking Hitler’s jaw. In the old westerns (and in “Star Wars”) it was “white hats” versus “black hats,” clearly defining who the good and bad guys were and defeating the “black hats.”

Batman, like so many other TV shows of the time, was just plain old fun. No drugs, homelessness, hate, grungy cities. I sometimes wonder if we still depicted wholesome, clean and fun stories in our media, would life imitate art and get us heading back in the right direction?
Biff, I SOOOOOOO totally agree with You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Larry
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

Thanks, Larry!
gerryd54

Post by gerryd54 »

And I soooooooooooooooooooooooooo agree with you Larry weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee