RIP Malachi Throne, aka False Face

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Thefanboy59

Re: RIP Malachi Throne, aka False Face

Post by Thefanboy59 »

I had a heavy heart all day after hearing the sad news last night.
Malachi was an awesome guy in TV and in person. Malachi was not like many celebrities I have met. He truly wanted to talk to his fans. He didn't rush you away but was delighted to talk with you. His wife is just as friendly. I am sorry for her loss.
I will miss Malachi dearly he was always a highlight for me at conventions.
LittleLouisGroovy

Post by LittleLouisGroovy »

How very sad. He had a long and distinguished career, but his truly terrifying performance as False Face is, for me, a standout and places him among the best of the Bat-Villains.

My condolences to his family and friends.
High C

Post by High C »

So sad to hear that. I have the It Takes a Thief boxed set of DVDs, and he was terrific on that show. His character was an authority figure, but definitely had a coolness to him. In other words, he wasn't a stick in the mud. It wasn't an easy role to play, but Throne made it work and work well. RIP.
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
exm

Post by exm »

Very depressing news. One of the last few remaining "special guest villains" from the Batman show, and one who made a huge impact on 1960's television (and beyond).

HIs two Batman episodes served as much of the inspiration for the 'Return to the Batcave' script. He guest-starred in the most memorable episodes of the 60's Star Trek, as well as the most memorable episodes of the Next Generation. Quite a legacy...
twint9

Post by twint9 »

This is such sad news. I had the pleasure of meeting Malachi a number of times over the years, and he always remembered my name, asked about my son...he made me feel like an old friend. We had a few opportunities to spend some time talking about his childhood, funny stories from his career, and just life, not just Batman. The last time I saw him was in Anaheim about 18 months ago. He wasn't able to speak due to laryngitis, but he was at his table with his wife Marjorie, greeting his fans...when I came up to him with my girlfriend Alison, he shook my hand then pushed me away because he wanted to get at her..he gave her a big hug and insisted that I take a picture of them.
Last night I was flipping channels and stumbled on a kids channel showing Batman...and it was the False Face episode.
I'll really miss seeing him at future shows,
AHTrois

Post by AHTrois »

And so, yet another Batvillain (the 29th) resides in that great Rogues Gallery in the sky...safe travels, False Face. ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

And Then There Were Eight:

• Julie Newmar (Catwoman #1)
  • Lee Meriwether (Catwoman #2)
  • Joan Collins (The Siren)
  • Zsa Zsa Gabor (Minerva)
  • Glynis Johns (Lady Penelope Peasoup)
  • Barbara Rush (Nora Clavicle)
  • Eli Wallach (Mr. Freeze #3)
  • John Astin (Riddler #2)

The late Malachi Throse as False Face becomes the 29th Batvillain to leave us.
The late Malachi Throse as False Face becomes the 29th Batvillain to leave us.
False Face Batman.JPG (37.86 KiB) Viewed 5512 times
[/align]
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

RIP my friend. I will miss you forever. :cry: :cry:

John
Music. BAT! Music.
dodgr31

Post by dodgr31 »

I met him twice, he was a wonderful person and spent time talking with me about his career. He signed for his appearances in my two favorite shows, Batman and Lost in Space. He will be missed, too many of these older, class actors are passing.
Bat65

Post by Bat65 »

I met Malichi in the fall of 2008, at Screaming Tiki. He was a joy to talk with. Like everyone has said, he made his fans feel welcome, and didnt try to rush them off. He signed his favorite photo of himself for me (he picked it out) He has played so many characters, that we will always be able to find him. God bless him, and may he be resting in peace.

^V^ Dave

Serving Gotham since 1939
amusementfilms

Post by amusementfilms »

RIP! You will be missed! One of my favorite "made for the show" villains. LOVED Malachi Throne's acting. A true pro!
www.amusementfilms.com
twitter.com/amusementfilms
Mr.Freeze

Post by Mr.Freeze »

What a shame , he was awesome as FF :(

Sounds like he went above and beyond duty when it came to fans , really cool of him :idea: :mrgreen:

Are there many vintage items around sgd by him , there can't be many ?

Believe it or not he was also Billys dad on Melrose Place (Newmar played herself on that show , she towered over Locklear/Shue lol......West should've played a crooked lawyer or something on MP , I just know it would've been great)