Kato 3D head and mask WIP

The Green Hornet TV series and related topics

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

rsaffle

Kato 3D head and mask WIP

Post by rsaffle »

I've been 3D printing for a few years now but most of my designs have been mechanical shapes and the organic shapes have been eluding me until now. I have been practicing in a sculpting program called Nomad sculpt on my IPad and I'm starting to get a hang of it.

This is my 1st attempt at making a Kato mask. I found a Bruce Lee head model that I removed the hair and ears and reworked a little, then used that to make my mask. I hope to print the head and removable mask in Mego or 1/6 sized and also a full size mask. The program only cost 15$! I have already used it for several other projects in progress too.

New doors are opening and more fun ahead. Btw, I'm buying a new printer soon and hope to be able to start making some of these things for selling.
Attachments
20231022_203610_resize_63.jpg
20231022_200906_resize_75.jpg
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
BiffPow

Re: Kato 3D head and mask WIP

Post by BiffPow »

Looking forward to see what more you will create, Randy.
DrewMasie

Post by DrewMasie »

That is awesome. The size should be spot on since it fits the Bruce Lee bust. I have a couple of Kato masks I've purchased, neither of which are probably accurate. I'd be interested if you make them available.
GMartin58

Post by GMartin58 »

Very cool! I know the first things you did with the program looked promising but the more you get the feel of it, the better! Kato mask looks awesome!
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

rsaffle wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:53 pm I've been 3D printing for a few years now but most of my designs have been mechanical shapes and the organic shapes have been eluding me until now. I have been practicing in a sculpting program called Nomad sculpt on my IPad and I'm starting to get a hang of it.

This is my 1st attempt at making a Kato mask. I found a Bruce Lee head model that I removed the hair and ears and reworked a little, then used that to make my mask. I hope to print the head and removable mask in Mego or 1/6 sized and also a full size mask. The program only cost 15$! I have already used it for several other projects in progress too.

New doors are opening and more fun ahead. Btw, I'm buying a new printer soon and hope to be able to start making some of these things for selling.
It would be great to see a proper 1:6 scale Kato, instead of the oversized Enterbay figure. That, and a Kato that actually bears some resemblance to 1966-67 Bruce Lee.
Beneath Wayne Manor