The Bat-Mannequin is complete

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
BAT 77

Re: The Bat-Mannequin is complete

Post by BAT 77 »

Chuck Williams wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:39 am Congratulations on completing your display!!
I think the boots look pretty darn good for a display and I wouldn't hessitate to put a hole through the sole for a base support.
Perfect for a Bat-Dummy too!
Yes, down the line I want to get some kind of support for the mannequin. It did come with a stand that goes thru a hole on the back of its right calf, but I don't want to ruin the fabric of the tights, and it's a rather crude hole that was made. Your suggestion on drilling a hole on the sole of one of the feet is a good one, thought I may opt for something that can go around its waist (like a doll stand). Right now it's fine against the corner, but we are planning to buy a house in the coming year and I want to make sure it can stand in the best place possible in my future mancave/office.
BAT 77 - My '70s Batman Childhood
Subscribe to the Podcast at http://bat77.libsyn.com
Visit me on Facebook.com/bat77podcast
BAT 77

Post by BAT 77 »

Bat Mitch wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:16 am Looks almost good enough to fool King Tut.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

Would you be able to use a hole saw to cut a couple of holes in the top of the bottom half (where the torso attaches to the legs) and pour sand into the legs to weight it?
BAT 77

Post by BAT 77 »

BiffPow wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 6:47 pm Would you be able to use a hole saw to cut a couple of holes in the top of the bottom half (where the torso attaches to the legs) and pour sand into the legs to weight it?
Maybe, but I won't do that until my partner and I have bought a home cause I don't want to lug a heavy, sand-filled bottom half during a move. We're in the very early stages of our house-hunt, and we figure it'll be at least a year until we find something we both like and can afford. We're currently month-to-month on our lease, and we intend for this next move to be our last because we've done four moves in 15 years and we're getting to old for this.

The bottom half actually stands up fine on its own with the boots on, but the cape, belt, cowl and face make the mannequin a bit top heavy to stand on its own.
BAT 77

Post by BAT 77 »

One last face adjustment to align it correctly with the rest of the head, and it's time for some "moody" shots with the blue light.
Screen Shot 2023-08-22 at 9.00.35 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-08-22 at 9.00.45 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-08-22 at 9.01.08 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-08-22 at 9.01.17 PM.png
Chuck Williams

Post by Chuck Williams »

BAT 77 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 3:06 pm
Chuck Williams wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:39 am Congratulations on completing your display!!
I think the boots look pretty darn good for a display and I wouldn't hessitate to put a hole through the sole for a base support.
Perfect for a Bat-Dummy too!
Yes, down the line I want to get some kind of support for the mannequin. It did come with a stand that goes thru a hole on the back of its right calf, but I don't want to ruin the fabric of the tights, and it's a rather crude hole that was made. Your suggestion on drilling a hole on the sole of one of the feet is a good one, thought I may opt for something that can go around its waist (like a doll stand). Right now it's fine against the corner, but we are planning to buy a house in the coming year and I want to make sure it can stand in the best place possible in my future mancave/office.
I'm planning something similar. A simple "J" shape on a post with a nylon strap to wrap around the waist under the belt and fastened at the back.
Quick, Everyone, Flee for your lives, into the street!!!!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/WilliamsStudio ... eller_info
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

You could also try using belt straps tightened around the front of the feet on a platform/base.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Looks great with the adjustments and new lighting setup!
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

Look great Bat 77.
Tights are a huge improvement.
Couple questions, who made your gloves and are there hands in them?
BAT 77

Post by BAT 77 »

Jimmy L. 66 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:14 pm Look great Bat 77.
Tights are a huge improvement.
Couple questions, who made your gloves and are there hands in them?
The gloves are from Evolution Props, and yes there are hands in them. It took a bit of work to fit the gloves onto the hands as the hands of the mannequin are not malleable, and I had to be careful to not rip any of the seams while getting them on. Fortunately, the hands are removable at the wrist, so I just unscrewed the hands with the gloves on whenever I had to work on the mannequin. The gloves are also pinned at the top behind the arms for a tighter fit.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Wow, that is fantastic!
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Collectr1977

Post by Collectr1977 »

VERY NICE INDEED! wow
Collectr1977

Post by Collectr1977 »

I LOVE IT!
Spot on accuracy.
I especially like the signs below the danger zone ( hope I said that right) But it made me laugh. It's a nice touch.

Again , Nice work guys.
BAT 77

Post by BAT 77 »

Collectr1977 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:46 am I LOVE IT!
Spot on accuracy.
I especially like the signs below the danger zone ( hope I said that right) But it made me laugh. It's a nice touch.

Again , Nice work guys.
It's just me - solo. But thanks. I never thought of Adam's belly as "the danger zone". :lol:

My partner and I bought a house recently, and "Adam" has made his home in the corner of my home office which is my Bat Shrine. (More collectibles and artwork to come...)
Screen Shot 2024-01-23 at 3.30.35 PM.png