Batman Caped Crusader first look Amazon Prime

Here's a place for NON '66 Batman related subjects.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Lou Szabo

Batman Caped Crusader first look Amazon Prime

Post by Lou Szabo »

Not as detailed as I hoped, but they did say they had 2 seasons with Kevin Conroy voicing Batman
2 other Batman series also added to the Amazon Prime service
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
AndyFish

Re: Batman Caped Crusader first look Amazon Prime

Post by AndyFish »

Just a heads up -- this is just a fan's perspective on what's been released publicly so far, not anything official. We'll likely see a great deal about this show at SDCC in a couple of months. I'm on the fence about it, having heard some very concerning things about it, but I'll save judgement for the first episode.
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

Just found some leaked character designs on Twitter.
I know some of you do not use it, so I thought I might share.
From an article I found-

The show is said to capture what Timm was originally looking to do with the original animated series, saying, "It kind of goes back to the original principles of the show that we originally came up with in the early '90s. There were certain limitations on what we could do in terms of adult content; in terms of violence and adult themes." He went on to say, "My idea is basically to say, 'OK, it's 1990 again, I get to do what I want to do this time, and I got JJ and Matt backing me up."

Abrams said that Batman: Caped Crusader, "Really is an incredibly complex psychological story about someone who, in a way, needs to be redeemed – and that's kind of what at least this first season is about."
Full article (lots of ads)
https://geektyrant.com/news/batman-the- ... e-and-more
Attachments
IMG_3842.jpeg
IMG_3843.jpeg
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Jimmy L. 66 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:06 am Just found some leaked character designs on Twitter.
I know some of you do not use it, so I thought I might share.
From an article I found-

The show is said to capture what Timm was originally looking to do with the original animated series, saying, "It kind of goes back to the original principles of the show that we originally came up with in the early '90s. There were certain limitations on what we could do in terms of adult content; in terms of violence and adult themes." He went on to say, "My idea is basically to say, 'OK, it's 1990 again, I get to do what I want to do this time, and I got JJ and Matt backing me up."

Abrams said that Batman: Caped Crusader, "Really is an incredibly complex psychological story about someone who, in a way, needs to be redeemed – and that's kind of what at least this first season is about."
Full article (lots of ads)
https://geektyrant.com/news/batman-the- ... e-and-more
Really trying not to let Timm's more recent track record get in the way of how much I instinctively want to be excited about this show. Honestly as a big BTAS fan, the guard rails of how that show had to be approached played a big role in what made it great.