MAKIMONO COMICS - A New Comic Company

Here's a place for NON '66 Batman related subjects.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

AndyFish

MAKIMONO COMICS - A New Comic Company

Post by AndyFish »

RETAIL POSTCARD-1A.jpg
Hey Folks-
So I've been doing this now for about a year, and we're launching print books. We've got a line of comics that are (we hope) fun and sometimes funny-- if you found, for example, some of the things happening in the modern Batman comics a little ridiculous, you might get a laugh out of our team superhero book CINCO DE MAYHEM-- if you love pulps (like I do) you'll want to check out DOC SINISTER in the pages of THRILLING TALES. If you've got a young fan around and you want to laugh at an all ages story that is actually fun to read (and as parents and grandparents you know that reading Goodnight Moon for the 90th time is grueling) then check out ADAM BOMB JR & THE BOMBADEERS.

Best of all-- we've started a MEMBER area with two levels, Free gets you a lot of great content, and $5 a month gets you ALL OF OUR TITLES in 100 page digital formats. We've got secret codes, puzzles, riddles, trivia, movie serials, old time radio-- a WHOLE lot of fun. We are trying to bring back the days of Saturday afternoons walking down to your local newstand to grab a few comics with your friends before wandering into a local movie house-- fun lazy carefree times.
RETAIL POSTCARD-1E.jpg
I'll give you updates here, because I know a lot of you have given up on comics. Printed books will be available through our online retailer partner as well as in stores all over the country. We are almost ready to launch MAKI-MOBILE which will make reading comics on your phone actually pleasant-- so if you're like me and you can't take the way comics load on your hand-held device we have a solution.

OUR COMPANY WEBSITE HERE

OUR MEMBERSHIP PAGE IS HERE

OUR ONLINE RETAIL PARTNER IS HERE - NOTE SITE IS NOT ACTIVE YET

Check it out-- reach out to me via andy@andytfish.com with questions, and hopefully you'll find this is a fun and friendly place. Paid Members get loaded with content 3x a week via the Patreon page and free members get a pretty good amount as well.

Thanks friends!
BiffPow

Re: MAKIMONO COMICS - A New Comic Company

Post by BiffPow »

😳😃👏

This is incredible news! It’s exactly what I and my friends have been saying we would like to see and internally begging to see a return to - for years!

I’m going to check out the content. I’m hoping to see comic books drawn the way they used to be: with that hand-drawn warmth that attracted us as kids. Don’t get me wrong, I know the modern comic book art shows a lot of talent, but they are cold. I can’t stand to read them as they are just not relatable. No one my age among my friends - or their kids - have any interest in the modern comic books.

So happy to see non-agenda driven comic books focused on storyline, again. Thank you! What a great use of your talent!
BiffPow

Re: MAKIMONO COMICS - A New Comic Company

Post by BiffPow »

For whatever reason, my response posted twice. Probably because the appreciation is deserved twice. But I will edit it and add: I also like the logo. It reminds me of the old “Magazine Enterprises” comic book logo