Batrope Question

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

dreddbatfan

Batrope Question

Post by dreddbatfan »

:?: I've watched all the episodes more than once and I have a question about Batmans Batrope.Several episodes Batman ties a knot in the Batrope after he pulls it through the Batarang and in some episodes there's a piece of metal at the end of the Batrope that he just pushes through the hole in the Batarang to hold the rope in place.What was the metal that was used at the end of the Batrope?I know I could just tie a knot to hold it in place but if I ever just want to use the Batarang,I'd have to untie the knot.Does anybody have a screenshot of this piece of metal and what should I use?Thanks for any help that you can give me,I'd really appreciate it.
dell

Re: Batrope Question

Post by dell »

I have to admit that I never paid that much attention to how the Batrope attached to the Batarang. Do you know which episodes used the metal piece? I would be interested in checking that out.
dell
A. Pennyworth

Post by A. Pennyworth »

In "Fine Feathered Finks" Batman clearly pokes a piece of metal tied to his rope thru the Bat-a-rang, he pulls it tight to secure it. It just looks like a flat or rounded piece of metal, see image for size.

In "Batman Displays His Knowledge" the rope looked to be pushed thru, doubled and crimped together.
Bob

Post by Bob »

Isn't this just a clever trick so Adam didn't have to tie a knot with gloves on
dreddbatfan

Post by dreddbatfan »

It looks like I could use either method for the rope so I wouldn't have to keep untieing the knot.If I use the metal rod method,it looks like from the picture that it was painted the same color as the Batarang.Would anybody know what color blue the Batarang was painted?Thanks A.Pennyworth for the picture of both methods they helped a lot.

Dreddbatfan
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

Seems to me he started out tying it on and that became too cumbersome so they probably attached a metal clip for easier fastening. Either way I liked it as this was back when Batman still used a batarang and rope rather than the boring grappling gun introduced by Tim Burton which only diminished Batman's legendary, highly-trained, athletic capabilities.
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"