Bat Board Photo

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
Mike Mulitsch

Bat Board Photo

Post by Mike Mulitsch »

Sorry If this has been posted before, Ive never seen or heard of it
IMG_3885.jpeg
AndyFish

Re: Bat Board Photo

Post by AndyFish »

"soon to be seen on the TV Show"-- hmmm. Did this make an appearance somewhere?
Jim Akin

Post by Jim Akin »

Cool find!

A hot-rodded skateboard? Holy halfpipe!

The sign bears a striking similarity to others I've seen posted with the Batmobile, presumably by Barris Kustom. (I googled for examples but can't craft the right terms to filter the zillions of online images of the Batmobile; perhaps someone here can assist?)

Crazy chrome and absurd horsepower were Barris's stock-in-trade, as was a tendency to let hype overshadow reality: This rig was never used onscreen, but something tells me Barris wouldn't have balked at promising an appearance before any deal was reached. :)
Lord Death Man

Post by Lord Death Man »

Looks more like a surfboard, I don't see any wheels or any real lift off the ground. Based on the children and their school uniforms a good chance this was in Hawaii, the Phillipines, or even South America where you might find a good sized Japanese population and English being spoken.
He flies and fights-BATMAN!
Purity and virtue-BATMAN!
Cowards run away!
Batman saves the day!
Also, Boy Wonder Robin.
Batman and Robin-caped crusaders at night!
BIFF! POW! BAM! BATMAN!
A. Pennyworth

Post by A. Pennyworth »

That photo was posted by Eric Seltzer on his newly renamed FB page "Batman Classic TV Series Vehicles"
It was a motorized board built by George Barris (confirmed by his son Brett) when he built the "Surf Woody" kustom car.
For the bat craze era it was just modified by adding on that red Bat and became the Bat-Board.Was added to the car show tours with the other Bat vehicles but never used on the show.
Attachments
438205297_3092553120879501_57562.jpg
Mike Mulitsch

Post by Mike Mulitsch »

It just popped up on FB, I didnt know it was Eric’s . Sorry if I did something wrong
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

A. Pennyworth wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm That photo was posted by Eric Seltzer on his newly renamed FB page "Batman Classic TV Series Vehicles"
It was a motorized board built by George Barris (confirmed by his son Brett) when he built the "Surf Woody" kustom car.
For the bat craze era it was just modified by adding on that red Bat and became the Bat-Board.Was added to the car show tours with the other Bat vehicles but never used on the show.
I wonder if Barris was asked to submit ideas for Batman's surfboard when "Surf's Up! Joker's Under!" was in development?
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)