Podcast Topics

The Green Hornet TV series and related topics

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

GMartin58

Podcast Topics

Post by GMartin58 »

We are working on episode 4 of the Green Hornet Case Files and hope you enjoy the content...but we'd like to hear from you! What kinds of topics would you like us to tackle? Suggestions for interviews? We have some great folks lined up but there are probably a lot more we are unaware of.

A number of you have reached out and made suggestions and we have made note for possible upcoming episodes.

Let us know and we'll add your suggestions to the list.

Let's Roll, Kato!! - Greg & Kory
Bryan Grantham

Re: Podcast Topics

Post by Bryan Grantham »

If someone hasn't already suggested it, I think a great topic would be exploring the Reid legacy, starting with the Lone Ranger and how he ties into the Green Hornet. Possibly use the different threads from other publications, the TV show, prose novels if there were any. The idea of a family of crimefighters who pose as (or are perceived as) the opposite is fascinating to me. There are so many TV, movie and novel adaptations of crime families, it would be refreshing to explore a dynasty of "do-gooders".

Bryan Grantham
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

How about researching / exploring the print (celebrity magazines, news and trade papers) or TV media coverage of The Green Hornet, i.e. cast and crew interviews to get a real, of-the-period sense of how the series was promoted, and what the cast thought about working in the Dozierverse?
Beneath Wayne Manor
GMartin58

Post by GMartin58 »

Great ideas!
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

I think it would be really nice to hear the story of Dozier's Green Hornet, from concept to screen - exploring it's relationship with the Batman TV show and contextualising its similarities and differences that defined the Green Hornet series for better and for worse.

I have some paperwork from Dozier's personal archive that i'm happy to share and I think will be useful context.