Shakespeare Switches...

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
wally wingert

Shakespeare Switches...

Post by wally wingert »

Hi...does anybody have a lead on good replacement switches for the ones in the WhizBang Shakespeare heads? My switch is busted and I'm looking for a supplier for a suitable replacement.

The switch is a Koino part #KH-3022-2.

Any help on this would be appreciated, since I suspect I'm not the only one who ever had to replace the switch on these things. Thanks!

w
Matt

Re: Shakespeare Switches...

Post by Matt »

Hey Wally,
That is going to be tough to find in the US.Koina is Korean or Chinese??.Here is a nice/close replacement I found.http://www.ebay.com/itm/PBC-SS22PMA-2L- ... 5ad2563d3a
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Is it just the switch its self or the switch mechanism?

I know people here have tracked down what appeared to a close match to the TV bust switch. I recall it (hazily) as being either a VOX or Fender guitar amp dial rather than the squared off style that was fitted to the replicas we have.
Mistahand

Post by Mistahand »

Depending on what you are switching, please be sure to get the right amperage for the job. The wrong size could overheat and start a fire... just BE CAREFUL
westbatman

Post by westbatman »

I used to "accurize" these Shakespeare busts but I did one for someone that was supposed to be an qualified electrician and he plugged it into a space heater! Not what the switch was intended for, hence I no longer do them.

Andy
wally wingert

Post by wally wingert »

Thanks guys! One of my pals in the tech department at "Tonight Show" found a couple of similar switches through his contacts. They're being shipped as we speak, so I'm hoping one of them does the trick. He said the technical specs of the new switches match the old one perfectly. So we'll see.

I"m having mine repaired (small crack on the Bard's forehead) and completely repainted. I figured while it was down for repair anyway, I may as well have the deluxe treatment done.

Thanks!

w
EHuffy

Post by EHuffy »

Hey guys,

I also have a WhizBang bust and I think the switch mechanism is shot as it is becoming difficult to turn on and off. I am absolutely terrified to try and take it out or replace the switch myself as I don't want to damage the bust. Any thoughts or recommendations on what I could do or if there is anyone out there who can replace these switches? Thanks for any input!

Eric