The Latest Batman Item You've Acquired?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Sdgeek

Re: The Latest Batman Item You've Acquired?

Post by Sdgeek »

New to the forum, hello!

Just picked up one a Shakespeare bust which I've wanted forever. Now on the search for the right switch and dial plate and light!

Using it to turn the backlights on some backlit move poster frames in my office. Super fun!

Nice to meet everyone.

-M
Sdgeek

Post by Sdgeek »

BAT 77 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:06 am A couple of acquisitions from yesterday's visit to the St. Tammy's Collectors Convention in Mandeville, LA. An original limited collector's treasury edition of the Ras Al Ghul saga - like the one I had when I was 9 but was lost to time. And a '66 vintage Pepsi drinking glass.

Screen Shot 2024-04-21 at 9.02.21 AM.png
I used that exact glass for years! Looks in nice shape too. Really brings back good memories. ;)
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

Sdgeek wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 7:43 am New to the forum, hello!
Just picked up one a Shakespeare bust which I've wanted forever. Now on the search for the right switch and dial plate and light!
-M
Welcome to the forum!

Did you get the Diamond Select vinyl bust? Doesn't it come with the switch?
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
Sdgeek

Post by Sdgeek »

Thank you!

No, the one I got isn't Vinyl, and it's got a power cord so I can use it as a switch! I use it turn turn on some backlit poster frames, which is cool. The black rotary switch it came with isn't the right one, and gets stuck pretty often.
IMG_6476.jpg
Lord Death Man

Post by Lord Death Man »

I was going to pass on this but for the price I can accept it’s Jiro-san’s Batman done in the Super Powers style. Figure does look better in person than I was expecting. Card got a bit beat up coming across the Pacific but again, with the price not a big deal.
Attachments
IMG_1247.jpeg
He flies and fights-BATMAN!
Purity and virtue-BATMAN!
Cowards run away!
Batman saves the day!
Also, Boy Wonder Robin.
Batman and Robin-caped crusaders at night!
BIFF! POW! BAM! BATMAN!
BAT 77

Post by BAT 77 »

The latest addition to my childhood collection.
Screen Shot 2024-05-13 at 7.52.56 PM.png
Original Mego 8" Batman, dated 1972. It came with the boots, which I'm not certain are original. The rest of the accessories (belt, cape, gloves and sticker) are replicas and wre bought from a different source. Both parcels arrived this evening.

I had one of these along with Robin, Joker, Penguin and probably Riddler at age 6 or 7. I also had the Batmobile and Batcave. I don't think any of those toys lasted six months from all the playtime I had with them.

Yes, the gloves are more like oven mitts, and the utility belt always creeps up above the trunks, but I love being able to reclaim another piece of my childhood. Very happy with this acquisition.
BAT 77 - My '70s Batman Childhood
Subscribe to the Podcast at http://bat77.libsyn.com
Visit me on Facebook.com/bat77podcast
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

BAT 77 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 6:01 pm The latest addition to my childhood collection.

Screen Shot 2024-05-13 at 7.52.56 PM.png

Original Mego 8" Batman, dated 1972. It came with the boots, which I'm not certain are original. The rest of the accessories (belt, cape, gloves and sticker) are replicas and wre bought from a different source. Both parcels arrived this evening.

I had one of these along with Robin, Joker, Penguin and probably Riddler at age 6 or 7. I also had the Batmobile and Batcave. I don't think any of those toys lasted six months from all the playtime I had with them.

Yes, the gloves are more like oven mitts, and the utility belt always creeps up above the trunks, but I love being able to reclaim another piece of my childhood. Very happy with this acquisition.
My all time favorite toy is this and Mego Spiderman.
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
BAT 77

Post by BAT 77 »

rsaffle wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 9:01 pm My all time favorite toy is this and Mego Spiderman.
Yep, also had the Mego Spiderman. There were a few thanksgivings where my mom would let me have the plastic netting from the frozen turkey to use as his webbing.
BAT 77 - My '70s Batman Childhood
Subscribe to the Podcast at http://bat77.libsyn.com
Visit me on Facebook.com/bat77podcast
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I'll always have a soft spot for the Mego Batman figure-- the removable cowl one is my favorite, but I love this one too.
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

Mego Batman & Robin were so much fun.
Beneath Wayne Manor
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

Therin of Andor wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:48 am Image
Green Hornet arrives by Ian McLean, on Flickr

Recently, someone mentioned the existence of the Lakeside "Green Hornet" bendy figure of 1966. I found one in good condition for a reasonable price. Just gave him a bit of a facelift. Goes well with the NJ Croce figures.
Apparently there was never a Lakeside "Kato" bendy figure to go with "The Green Hornet", probably because "Bruce Lee" was already licensed out to a different company making "Bruce Lee" bendy figures. He's a bit thin, but it looks like I tracked one down last week. Waiting for him to arrive. I just need to make him a chauffeur's cap...

Bruce Lee Kato Bendy by Ian McLean, on Flickr
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

AndyFish wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 2:43 pm I'll always have a soft spot for the Mego Batman figure-- the removable cowl one is my favorite, but I love this one too.
I agree, Andy. For me, the 1972 MEGO Batman with removable cowl that I got from the K-Mart in Farmington Hills, Michigan will always be the best, and a top moment in my childhood, as it was the first actual Batman action figure. The adrenaline rush I got when I saw it and the other figures hanging on the racks in the store that afternoon was indescribable. With it my imagination was able to bring everything from Adam's series, the Filmation cartoons, and the comic books to life. It's funny that I can remember the rush of excitement when going to the store as a kid, and seeing certain items, and later as a teen sort of getting the same rush going to record stores, concerts, sporting events, and the like. Then, as an adult, it got lost over time and nothing seems to phase me anymore. I really miss those days of wonder. I defy anyone to tell me they didn't look forward to getting the Christmas catalogues and checking out the toy section! ;)
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

Yellow Oval wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 6:32 am I really miss those days of wonder. I defy anyone to tell me they didn't look forward to getting the Christmas catalogues and checking out the toy section! ;)
I won’t defy it. I still like going back and looking over those old catalogs when I see them. Really, almost any vintage catalog (e.g., the Johnson Smith company). But the Sears (and, on occasion, Montgomery Ward) Catalogues were Christmas-time gold, worn out with eye tracks.
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

For anyone who loved the Christmas Catalogues.

https://christmas.musetechnical.com/
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

Talking Mego was anyone else a fan of Twisted Mego Theater? Those stories had me on the floor at times! :lol: