The Latest Batman Item You've Acquired?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Boy Wonder

Re: The Latest Batman Item You've Acquired?

Post by Boy Wonder »

Yellow Oval wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 7:49 am
Boy Wonder wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:45 pm
Yellow Oval wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:09 am

2 shelves of Aurora Monster models? I am envious. I also love the Peter Criss solo album t-shirt in your photo. My second favorite solo album after Ace's.
My 3 favorite things in life. 🤟😝
KISS, the Universal Monsters and Batman (1966).
If we were to go back further into my childhood, I'd also have to include the shows produced by Sid and Marty Krofft. 👍
Boy Wonder - it's like we're long-lost siblings! :lol:
👍That works!
Jczernich

Post by Jczernich »

AndyFish wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:29 am Always liked the Mego banks-- The Joker is rare-- I haven't seen many in the wild either.
I have never seen them in the wild and have never actively looked for them either! I was just in the right place at the right time!
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Major score! I loved all of the 70s banks-- just got a Galen and Dr Zauis with great colors. I don't think I ever saw any of the Mego Banks back in the day because I would have definitely wanted a Batman if I'd known about it.

Amazing to think there was a time before the internet where we didn't know months to years in advance that something was coming out (and even more amazing that things STILL come out as a surprise at times) and the only way we knew it was released was to see it on the shelves at our local store or in a Christmas Catalog!

The very last toys I bought in the day were the end run of the original 12 figures from STAR WARS-- I loved the first movie and then soured on the series very very quickly and gave up on toys. I remember an ad in my local paper showing Darth Vader had been released along with a stormtrooper and the sand person with the mummy wraps on his head-- it was at a discount store that my parents liked so it was easy to get them to take me out there. In that particular case I knew these were coming out because the previous Christmas they had gotten me that "starter pack" which had the first four figures (Luke, Leia, Chewie and R2) as well as a big cardboard display for the remaining eight figures. Darth Vader being my favorite character by far (still is to this day) it was really the only one I wanted.

But that ad was still the first time I'd ever seen the actual toy rather than an artists drawing-- I remember thinking Darth looked a little thin.
Jczernich

Post by Jczernich »

AndyFish wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:36 am Major score! I loved all of the 70s banks-- just got a Galen and Dr Zauis with great colors. I don't think I ever saw any of the Mego Banks back in the day because I would have definitely wanted a Batman if I'd known about it.

Amazing to think there was a time before the internet where we didn't know months to years in advance that something was coming out (and even more amazing that things STILL come out as a surprise at times) and the only way we knew it was released was to see it on the shelves at our local store or in a Christmas Catalog!
That is why I love shops that sell old collectibles. You never know what you will see pop up! This find was total luck and a bargin at only $50!
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Yeah me too-- the older the better. I just picked up a pair of Auburn Toys rubber Indian Motorcycle policemen, made sometime between 1936-1954. One of the best things about going to Japan is hitting up the thrift shops that sell stuff from the 60s- some real magic in there!
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

Andy, are you in Japan? If you go to Singapore, be sure to check out the MINT Museum of Toys close to the Raffles Hotel where the “Singapore sling“ was invented.
Attachments
IMG_7838.jpeg
SteveA

Post by SteveA »

That is why I love shops that sell old collectibles. You never know what you will see pop up! This find was total luck and a bargin at only $50!
[/quote]

Yes, Quiet the Bargin , I just saw a couple on eBay and they were asking $215.00 and $400.00 for them. The Penguin was going about the same. Even the Superman and Batman ones were high. You have a great item at a great price there.
Mike Mulitsch

Post by Mike Mulitsch »

AndyFish wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:48 pm I had mentioned to Mrs Fish how much I liked Slot Car Race sets when I was but a wee lad-- and she surprised me with a great one-- Scooby Doo Vs Batman! And it's the classic 60s Batman complete with my favorite logo.

SCOOBY RACE SET 1.jpeg

It's got the great cartoon version of my favorite Batmobile--

SCOOBY RACE SET 2.jpeg

She also got me a classic TV Series slot car and a James Bond Aston Martin so I can have them race too-- such a nice surprise and we'll break it all out on my birthday on the 27th when I take a day off.

And from my good friend Mickey Mules here on the board this incredible GRAIL surprise showed up today...

BATMAN EMBROIDERED.jpeg

I was speechless, I've had an affection for these things ever since I saw the standing Batman one in a furniture store when I was five years old. I've hunted a standing Robin for probably 40 years and I had never seen the Bust version until I caught Ralph on Collectors Corner last month.

Absolutely stunned by them!

Glad you like them….
Boy Wonder

Post by Boy Wonder »

I now have all 3 versions of this figure.
Attachments
404988460_405130191959807_206519565583454193_n.jpg
404249344_771508301467077_6759760212064958354_n.jpg
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Boy Wonder wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:15 am I now have all 3 versions of this figure.
Congrats! They really did knock it out of the park with all three Cesar variants. Even the simple Prison Garb version is done to a ridiculously nice standard.
Lord Death Man

Post by Lord Death Man »

IMG_0396.jpeg
I couldn’t resist getting this Pinky Pinkston/Barbie Batmobile when I ran across it on the Jada website looking for GxK merch. Too cute!!!💖
He flies and fights-BATMAN!
Purity and virtue-BATMAN!
Cowards run away!
Batman saves the day!
Also, Boy Wonder Robin.
Batman and Robin-caped crusaders at night!
BIFF! POW! BAM! BATMAN!
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

Got the Big Lots Mego Batman. I checked 3 different locations over and over for the past few months and finally gave in and Ebayed me one. Seems like Texas never got any.
Attachments
20240122_174531_compress61.jpg
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Almost picked up that pink Batmobile-- it's a fun item-- and the Big Lots Batman is a very odd hybrid-- but I'm glad you finally got one.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Lord Death Man wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:58 pm IMG_0396.jpegI couldn’t resist getting this Pinky Pinkston/Barbie Batmobile when I ran across it on the Jada website looking for GxK merch. Too cute!!!💖
Wow, I didn't know this existed until just now! That's way cooler looking than I would have imagined!
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Ben,
You can bet Mattel is kicking themselves for not releasing it. After all they did release a RLC version in pink.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!