Titan's Trailer

Here's a place for NON '66 Batman related subjects.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Keith Mayo

Titan's Trailer

Post by Keith Mayo » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:40 am

SMH.....
Attachments
FB_IMG_1532615831724.jpg
"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11

Yellow Oval

Re: Titan's Trailer

Post by Yellow Oval » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:09 am

I saw the trailer. Absolute garbage! And I thought I despised Warner Bros. and DC "Comics" before this...! :roll:
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"

Bat-Brony92

Post by Bat-Brony92 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:25 pm

Look as bad as it looks, I'm giving this show a chance!

SprangFan

Post by SprangFan » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:10 pm

You'll have to pay for that chance, as this will be on their new streaming service.

I have to say I haven't seen any positive reactions online from any comics fans, and logically that would be a core demographic for this show. I think DC may have miscalculated once again.

Bat-Brony92

Post by Bat-Brony92 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:50 pm

Well the thing is I try to enjoy whatever dc throws out (Except for Beware the Batman, #notokay)

Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:23 am

SprangFan wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:10 pm
You'll have to pay for that chance, as this will be on their new streaming service.

I have to say I haven't seen any positive reactions online from any comics fans, and logically that would be a core demographic for this show. I think DC may have miscalculated once again.
Miscalculated??? DC??? Since when? SprangFan, don't be so negative or you'll end up like me! :lol: :lol: :lol:

There's actually a website that keeps a running date clock titled - (insert number) Days Since DC Did Something Stupid. They're constantly resetting it.

John Mack

Post by John Mack » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:26 am

What's that website address for the DC Clock? Most fittingly, I only find reference to Doomsday clock!
Even there own name is silly. DC Comics---Detective Comics comics lol. I think they've dropped the "comics" part of the logo, since I've only seen DC on their logo lately.
Music. BAT! Music.

SprangFan

Post by SprangFan » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:08 am

If they dropped "comics," it's probably because they want to emphasize the multi-media aspect of the business. ( " DC is a universe of entertainment, not just comics"). It's been a while since I've heard "comics" after "Marvel," either.

I recently read "DC" might actually have stood for "Donenfeld Comics", after National's original publisher, but that the true origin/meaning of the label is something of a mystery even within the company. Pretty sure this came from one of Paul Levitz's books for Taschen, and he should know.

Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:40 am

John Mack wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:26 am
What's that website address for the DC Clock? Most fittingly, I only find reference to Doomsday clock!
Even there own name is silly. DC Comics---Detective Comics comics lol. I think they've dropped the "comics" part of the logo, since I've only seen DC on their logo lately.
John Mack,

Enjoy the ineptness. 8-)

http://hasdcdonesomethingstupidtoday.com/

John Mack

Post by John Mack » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:33 am

Thank YO. That site is fun!
Music. BAT! Music.

THE BATPHONE!

Post by THE BATPHONE! » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:17 am

In recent years I have been excited at the sudden surge of DC comics film and television, but boy, I was not prepared for this, I refuse to acknowledge this trailer any longer, certainly not my cup of tea to put it politely! :?
"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"

batrunner1966

Post by batrunner1966 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:30 pm

I know we are mostly "Old Schoolers" here, and that is most defiantly "Not My Robin".
That being said, I will give this interpretation a chance.
The Teen Titans are a great team. Teen Titans Go! is fun, why can't this be entertaining?
Dick is rumored to evolve into Nightwig thru the course of the show. Finally a live action Nightwig?
To be fair, I originally had the same thoughts about "Legends of Tomorrow", and I don't like that too much.

Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:34 am

Speaking strictly for myself I've given up on the 'give it a chance' mantra. Both DC and Marvel (and, by extension, Warner Bros. and the Evil Mouse Corp.) have continually screwed me over as a comics fan since the start of the millennium. I have no use for the "edgy, gritty, realistic" nonsense or the P.C. junk that's being inserted.

John Mack

Post by John Mack » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:36 pm

Yellow Oval wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:34 am
Speaking strictly for myself I've given up on the 'give it a chance' mantra. Both DC and Marvel (and, by extension, Warner Bros. and the Evil Mouse Corp.) have continually screwed me over as a comics fan since the start of the millennium. I have no use for the "edgy, gritty, realistic" nonsense or the P.C. junk that's being inserted.
Absolutely. The Shazam! movie looks fun, but we'll see. Ooops. I think that comment can equate to give em a chance. Evil Mouse Corp, too funny. From now on, it's being referred to as the EMC.
Music. BAT! Music.