'65 Chrysler Imperial

The Green Hornet TV series and related topics

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

GMartin58

'65 Chrysler Imperial

Post by GMartin58 »

So I ran into a guy today that has a 1965 Chrysler Imperial although he wasn't sure he wanted to part with it. It's NOT the '66 but I'm not sure there is a lot of difference between the two. Anyone have any insights on that? I don't know what engine it has or whether it runs.
Attachments
IMG_0756.jpeg
IMG_0755.jpeg
Lou Szabo

Re: '65 Chrysler Imperial

Post by Lou Szabo »

I suggest you join the imperial club. https://www.web.imperialclub.info/

You may find much of what the differences are between the two years. Also, see if Dean Jeffries documented his BB builds as there are differences between the 2 models.

There are a couple of threads regarding the imperial in particular, not including the BB 1 and 2
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
A. Pennyworth

Post by A. Pennyworth »

Biggest difference is in the trunk area, so that's the easiest way to tell the years.There have been some BB clones using the '65 with the trunk not altered, doesn't look right to the detail oriented eye!
Attachments
196566.jpg
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

That trunk can be replaced, so not really an issue unless you are planning to rattle can it. Most of the front end will be altered too. Interiors can be swapped.. the biggest thing is finding a good donor car, little or no rust, etc
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

Pennyworth, as always, you present fascinating details! Thanks!
Beneath Wayne Manor
gerryd54

Post by gerryd54 »

I've owned two of these cars, I bought them on impulse, I had to have them. Both ran for a bit and then nothing. Unless you know how to work on cars they're money pits, so be careful.