2016 Adam West Batcave from Japan

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
HFFF1

2016 Adam West Batcave from Japan

Post by HFFF1 »

Greetings and Happy Holidays to all.

Below is a link to my 1st You Tube Video. Earlier this year, I was fortunate to win an auction for this one-of-a kind display that was constructed for and displayed ONLY in Japan to commemorate the 50th Anniversary of the Adam West Batman Series and also the premiere of the 2016 Suicide Squad movie.

If I followed the directions correctly, it should be active now.

Ben Bentley

Re: 2016 Adam West Batcave from Japan

Post by Ben Bentley »

Wow, congratulations! What an incredible centerpiece for your collection! Thanks for sharing the video too. I know a lot of us here drooled over those images back in 2016.
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

I know the props were of historical importance and amazing finds, but I really liked that centerpiece the most. If there was only one thing that I would have bought, it would’ve been your Batcave display. Thanks for sharing! It is beautiful!
HFFF1

Post by HFFF1 »

Thank you all for the positive replies. I would be remiss if I did not thank my neighbor and son-in-law, without whose help I would never have been able to disassemble the 800# shipping crate. Also my son-in-law helped in getting the electronics to function as they were originally constructed for Japanese specs. Finally, credit to my wife and daughter for suggesting the black background drapes and "disco ball" rotating lights for the Atomic Pile and BatBoat area. A true family input.👍
HFFF1

Post by HFFF1 »

Thank you all for the positive replies. I would be remiss if I did not thank my neighbor and son-in-law, without whose help I would never have been able to disassemble the 800# shipping crate. Also my son-in-law helped in getting the electronics to function as they were originally constructed for Japanese specs. Finally, credit to my wife and daughter for suggesting the black background drapes and "disco ball" rotating lights for the Atomic Pile and BatBoat area. A true family input.👍
HFFF1

Post by HFFF1 »

Thanks for the replies. Kudos also to my neighbor and my family for their help getting the 800# shipping crate disassembled, along with their suggestions and help getting all the electronics to function.
A. Pennyworth

Post by A. Pennyworth »

Impressive! I hope you all realize that is the JazzInc 1/6th scale, over 3 foot long Batmobile, man that display is large!
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

Amazing!!
HFFF1

Post by HFFF1 »

Yes, that is the Jazz Inc Batmobile. The Hot Toys prototype Batmobile that came with the display has no electronics.

The BatCave display is 9ft wide, 5ft deep and 4ft high. I installed it on 3 tables (on wheels), bracketed together. Each table supports up to 1000#.

The electronics are controlled by a master switch built into the tables.
A. Pennyworth

Post by A. Pennyworth »

You also acquired the Hot Toys Batmobile! That has great collector value all on it's own, one of a kind and only one made. If you would, please post a new topic showing some up close details of the car. I'm kind of glad they didnt make their 1/6th because I doubt they would have been so willing to listen to us experts on the series details of the car. This proto-type is far from series correct but who wouldn't want it!!
HFFF1

Post by HFFF1 »

OK. I'll be able to get to it early next week.
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

HFFF1 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:02 pm OK. I'll be able to get to it early next week.
That’s exciting!
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Well done, in 1/6 scale too! Congratulations!
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
A. Pennyworth

Post by A. Pennyworth »

I didn't really watch or investigate this auction when it went up (way too large) and I didn't realize that the standing Batman figures were taken from the cover of 1950 Detective Comics #165
Attachments
lf.jpg
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Nice catch!
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!