Corgi Club confirms Batmobile reissue in 2024

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
AndyFish

Re: Corgi Club confirms Batmobile reissue in 2024

Post by AndyFish »

I agree with all of your sentiments-- cynical forces are at work in some publishing quarters- but like the old Gershwin song, "They can't take that away from me!" for a lot of us-- the classic heroes will always have a place. Whether it be in reprints, vintage books or just our memories, they will always exist, and there are more of us than the folks working against it-- so things like the Corgi re-release or McFarlane's Classic Batman line, will do well.
BatToys

Post by BatToys »

BiffPow wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:07 pm
Yellow Oval wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:04 am
but I believe there is an intentional effort to deny us the heroes we want - or even need.
Yes and I think a lot of it by hack writers. I could go on about how one hack writer ruining Red Sonja comics and movie and Zack Snyder hack writing by making heroes opposite of what they're famous for. Like Superman was friendly and now he's unfriendly, Batman doesn't kill and now he kills, etc., although I think Ben Affleck is a great choice for Batman. Basically I don't buy their books. People, comic book companies, and studios are starting to realize their work isn't very good nor what people want.

I just buy the books I like and write to the companies why I like them. For example I've been writing to Corgi since 1992 when I talked to the Corgi rep at iHobby expo to reissue the Batmobile.
I posted to others to write to Corgi and Corgi listened.
BatToys

Post by BatToys »

I look forward to applying the shirt label again. Corgi Club sometimes makes t-shirts too so if they make a Batmobile t-shirt I'd get it.
Attachments
Screenshot_20240101_022241_Gallery.jpg
BatToys

Post by BatToys »

Corgi Club did write that they also want to reissue the Green Hornet Black Beauty.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Even more good news!
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

BatToys wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:01 am Corgi Club did write that they also want to reissue the Green Hornet Black Beauty.
Now that's some Corgi news to get excited about!
Beneath Wayne Manor
BatToys

Post by BatToys »

The Corgi Club Bond Aston Martin sold for $58 so I'm guessing the Batmobile will be between $58 to $70. I've heard the 1966 Batmobile royalties are double the regular Batman license. Corgi Club has not announced prices yet. Considering mint boxed vintage Corgi Batmobile sold for $1000, this is very reasonable.

I wonder if Corgi Hornby will later sell variants with red stripes painted on? Corgi originally did not add the red stripes because it was too time-consuming but now technology makes it easier.
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

BatToys wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:54 am The Corgi Club Bond Aston Martin sold for $58 so I'm guessing the Batmobile will be between $58 to $70. I've heard the 1966 Batmobile royalties are double the regular Batman license. Corgi Club has not announced prices yet. Considering mint boxed vintage Corgi Batmobile sold for $1000, this is very reasonable.

I wonder if Corgi Hornby will later sell variants with red stripes painted on? Corgi originally did not add the red stripes because it was too time-consuming but now technology makes it easier.
It's kind of funny that Corgi Batmobiles never had the iconic red pinstriping, and had a more snub-nosed hood as Andy once pointed out, but none of us seemed to care or even notice to begin with. The car just worked on its own and when we were schnicks it was all we could do to get one, and the boat to boot!
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

You must get a deal if you sign up as a member (FREE) because I just looked at my order history from Corgi USA and I paid $32 for a Silver Bond Car and $38 for a Gold One over the course of a few months. Personally I don't care what the price is, to be able to get a MINT in box one for under $100? Sign me up!
BatToys

Post by BatToys »

AndyFish wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:13 am You must get a deal if you sign up as a member (FREE) because I just looked at my order history from Corgi USA and I paid $32 for a Silver Bond Car and $38 for a Gold One over the course of a few months. Personally I don't care what the price is, to be able to get a MINT in box one for under $100? Sign me up!
Andy, I think there are two Corgi divisions - Corgi Hornby and Corgi Club. I'm guessing the Bond cars you bought were made by Corgi Hornby that are also available in stores.

The Corgi Club cars seem to be much more higher quality and as far as I know are not available in stores. Or maybe they gave you a better deal on price? Maybe there's something on the box that differentiates the divisions?

If you join the Corgi Club USA Facebook page, they can tell you if the ones you bought are from Corgi Club or Corgi Hornby. As far as I know the only price for the Corgi Club Gold Bond car is $58.

I recommend everyone join to get updates on the Batmobile.

https://www.facebook.com/CorgiModelClub ... tid=ZbWKwL
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I'm a Corgi Club Member-- that's where I buy from-- but I don't do Facebook. So for those of you who don't either, and I know it's a few of you-- you can still join the club and not have to resort to FB.
BatToys

Post by BatToys »

True people don't have to join their Facebook page in order to order from Corgi Club.

The main advantage to joining their Facebook page is you get the fastest news with photographs about the Batmobile and in the comments they will answer questions about it.

For example the very first issue Robin was as large as Batman. Later they made Robin smaller to make it easier to remove. So I'm wondering if this will be with the larger Robin as it was first issue?

I hope so as I never had that.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I remember that- Robin was substantially larger than Batman-- it made playing with the figures outside of the car kind of silly. There are a lot of us here that refuse to use FB, so it's certainly appreciated that folks like you re-post info for us!
SprangFan

Post by SprangFan »

I'm not sure "easier to remove" was a good thing: My Robin quickly disappeared, possibly off sharing a happy retirement somewhere with that Goldfinger henchman from the Aston Martin. Batman was safely wedged in under the steering wheel, so at least I've still got him. And, curiously, I still have the decal, having for some reason stashed in a "cricket box" my Mom kept in the living room where it was safe from my foolishness. For a while that box also held a couple of the missiles, but they're long gone, now.

I'm enjoying the tour of the Corgi Club site, including glimpses of figures that are faithful to the originals: "We couldn't paint them worth a darn then, so we won't do any better now!" :lol:
"You were right again, Batman. We might have been killed."
"Or worse. Let's go..."
BatToys

Post by BatToys »

AndyFish wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:08 am ...so it's certainly appreciated that folks like you re-post info for us!
As soon as I read any major updates on the Corgi Club Facebook page, I will post it here asap. Or another fan may post it too.

It is like 1966 again.